I hate the Yankees

25 Nuggets

5 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I always said that if Steinbrenner kicked the bucket and let Cash do what he wanted (youth movement), the Yankees would be dangerous. Boy are they dangerous. They're literally doing everything right now.

I could argue that we should be going for it NOW, because in a year or two we're likely to face a decade of Yankee dominance regardless of whether we try to rebuild or not.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I could argue that we should be going for it NOW, because in a year or two we're likely to face a decade of Yankee dominance regardless of whether we try to rebuild or not.   

Two Wildcards will still be there then as well. I do though, get your point. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, I don't necessarily subscribe    to the theory I was describing; but it's a plausible argument.   

We are competitng with two teams that can spend more in FA than we can, aren't afraid to trade players when they don't contend and also spend internationally. Nice trifecta. 

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The you of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12 years in the future will wish we held on to Mountcastle, Hays, Mullins, Sisco, Hall, Hall, Aiken, Sedlock, Liranzo, Harvey & secret weapons Breazeale & Lowther. 

I love our top 3 picks. 

Bundy/Gausman/Harvey/Hall/Aiken

Hall/Mullins/Machado/Schoop/Davis/Mountcastle/Hays/Stewart/Sisco

They will make you proud, Frobby. The joy will be back. Add a few guys in there from next years draft & some studs for Britton/Brach/Givens and we are bringing the WS home.

&@%# ny ♥️

3 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

The you of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12 years in the future will wish we held on to Mountcastle, Hays, Mullins, Sisco, Hall, Hall, Aiken, Sedlock, Liranzo, Harvey & secret weapons Breazeale & Lowther. 

I love our top 3 picks. 

Bundy/Gausman/Harvey/Hall/Aiken

Hall/Mullins/Machado/Schoop/Davis/Mountcastle/Hays/Stewart/Sisco

They will make you proud, Frobby. The joy will be back. Add a few guys in there from next years draft & some studs for Britton/Brach/Givens and we are bringing the WS home.

&@%# ny ♥️

Hope these kids work out. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

While I'd be inclined to agree, I think the Yankees have the better team right now. As do the Red Sox. And the Rays. And probably the Blue Jays if Sanchez regains form. That's a lot of teams to leapfrog this year, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

The Yankees still have pitching issues. 

They do?

• Luis Severino - 3.54 ERA, 3.16 FIP
  • Jordan Montgomery - 3.65 ERA, 4.04 FIP
  • CC Sabathia - 3.81 ERA, 4.19 FIP
  • Michael Pineda - 4.39 ERA, 4.65 FIP
  • Masahiro Tanaka - 5.47 ERA, 5.03 FIP

Their bullpen is the issue right now for pitching. But that's because Chapman and Betances have just completely fallen apart the last 2 weeks. 

Hate to say it, but I like Judge.  Fully aware that he's going to be killing us for the next 10 years but there's no one more fun to watch right now.  Trout might be a more complete player and the WAR God, Harper is right there in the conversation but Judge is a different beast.  

On top of that, seems like a good guy.  Gotta give credit when it's due.