I hate the Yankees

25 Nuggets

I hate the Sox and Jays more.  I've resigned to the fact that the Yankees are almost always going to be good.

What's more, this iteration of the Yankees is hard to REALLY hate.  They've got a lot of good young players, they've built themselves the right way.  I'm jealous and I don't mind admitting it.  I wish we had guys like Judge, Sanchez, Bird.  They've got more on the way, too.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hate the Sox and Jays more.  I've resigned to the fact that the Yankees are almost always going to be good.

What's more, this iteration of the Yankees is hard to REALLY hate.  They've got a lot of good young players, they've built themselves the right way.  I'm jealous and I don't mind admitting it.  I wish we had guys like Judge, Sanchez, Bird.  They've got more on the way, too.

That's cool.

This series refreshed my hatred for them.  Friday's game, and then this one, it doesn't even matter than the Orioles won, I'm annoyed to the point of nausea because of the garbage culminating in the ninth inning and I repeat, this consistently happens in Yankee Stadium and no where else.  No blown saves in the 9th in two years and now two in a single series.  And I'm convinced that throw to 2B isn't even attempted if it's not the Yankees.  The Yankees brand/franchise gets in people's heads.  They're in my head.

Hate.  Hate is a strong, wicked, immoral, poisonous feeling.

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

That's cool.

This series refreshed my hatred for them.  Friday's game, and then this one, it doesn't even matter than the Orioles won, I'm annoyed to the point of nausea because of the garbage culminating in the ninth inning and I repeat, this consistently happens in Yankee Stadium and no where else.  No blown saves in the 9th in two years and now two in a single series.  And I'm convinced that throw to 2B isn't even attempted if it's not the Yankees.  The Yankees brand/franchise gets in people's heads.  They're in my head.

Hate.  Hate is a strong, wicked, immoral, poisonous feeling.

Stop fearing them and you'll lose the hate.

On 4/29/2017 at 10:58 AM, Frobby said:

Years ago after a bad loss to the Yankees, I started a thread called "I hate the Yankees with the passion of 1,000 burning suns!"    It seems to have been lost to the sands of time.     But it still applies!

We should have a contest as to who hates the NYYs more. I'm not sure how many burning sregister. But as I think I've posted before, in my 60 years of following baseball, I've known personally only two fans whose anti-NYY zeal rivaled mine. One is a devoted RS fan whose NYY hatred may have softened a bit in recent years. The other is the author of this book: https://www.amazon.com/Diary-Yankee-hater-Bob-Marshall/dp/B0006E1SHE

My favorite TV show is probably the Joe Girardi postgame interview after a NYY loss. Today was a pretty good one. I've written a theme song for it -- it's not very flattering to Joe.

18 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

o

We should have a contest as to who hates the NYY's more. I'm not sure how many burning register. But as I think I've posted before, in my 60 years of following baseball, I've known personally only two fans whose anti-NYY zeal rivaled mine. One is a devoted RS fan whose NYY hatred may have softened a bit in recent years. The other is the author of this book: )  https://www.amazon.com/Diary-Yankee-hater-Bob-Marshall/dp/B0006E1SHE

My favorite TV show is probably the Joe Girardi postgame interview after a NYY loss. Today was a pretty good one. I've written a theme song for it -- it's not very flattering to Joe.

o

o

This is a good one. The author is a Yankee hater, and the co-author (his brother) is a Yankee fan.

The Hutmaker brothers (Gene and Michael.)

511Dn63DHxL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Banned-Bronx-Yankee-Memoirs-1953-2005/dp/1589398416

o

16 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Part of my fury and exasperation was losing the first game THE WAY WE DID ..to the Yankees..easily my most hated franchise in team sports..the fact that we had a 3 run lead in the ninth and lost it after leading in the sixth 9-1 was so much more of a bitter pill to swallow because it was at the hands of the Yankee scum .

at least when we lost the ninth inning lead today.we came back to win . That was small but some solace to an otherwise awful weekend.

Get well soon Chris and Zach..we can't do this without you..

I hate the Yankees but no franchise in sports I despise more than the NE Beli-cheats:)

Regarding SP, the quantity over quality approach doesn't seem to be working thus far.  Asher had a nice start but he doesn't project much more than a backend guy. We may need to part with a Chance CIsco and Tanner Scott to have a real shot a time this thing!

9 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

What's up with the lights situation?  Glad Russell caught it.  Surprised the umpires did anything.

o

The umpires had no choice.

Lights need to be turned on at the beginning of an inning, and if they are not, they cannot be turned on in between the top and bottom halves of an inning.

o

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's why I hate the Yankees the most. The Red Sox and Jays are temporary annoyances, but if I live to be 100, I will still hear dumb ugly Yankees fans saying "count the rings" and of course they'll always be right. And at least the Red Sox and Jays have had to go through periods of losing in order to reload. The worst a 30-year old Yankee fan has had to deal with is what, a few years from 2013-2016 where they won 85ish games and got eliminated in late September? And that qualifies as a rebuilding period? Screw them.

And how have they built themselves "the right way" any more than Boston? Pedroia, Benitendi, Betts, Bradley, and Bogaerts are homegrown.

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

We should have a contest as to who hates the NYYs more. I'm not sure how many burning sregister. But as I think I've posted before, in my 60 years of following baseball, I've known personally only two fans whose anti-NYY zeal rivaled mine. One is a devoted RS fan whose NYY hatred may have softened a bit in recent years. The other is the author of this book: https://www.amazon.com/Diary-Yankee-hater-Bob-Marshall/dp/B0006E1SHE

I would easily win this contest. Back when I was a kid, I lived in Chicago and was a rabid White Sox fan, I absolutely despised the Yankees.  Back in those ancient days, there were just the American League and the National League.  My Sox were in the American League and were direct rivals of the hated Yankees. Fast forward a few decades or so. I live in Baltimore  (actually I live in Columbia). I've been an Orioles fan, though I still root for the White Sox - I can't attend games when the Os play the Sox. And the hated Yankees are still the despised rivals.  I HATE THE YANKEES. 

I won't dispute that you would win, but I think I could give you some serious competition.

Five or six years ago, I was in OF seats at the new Yankee Stadium (the stadium that Albert Speer would have designed if he did that sort of thing), in front of the bleachers. During  a pretty close O's-NYY game, there was an active.back-and-forth between me and the Bleacher Creatures, which as I recall was pretty good-natured. Nick Swisher seemed to be paying attention at times.

The O's broke the game open in about the 7th or 8th. In the bottom of the 9th, with two outs, I think there were 4 or 5 pitches with two strikes. Each time, I stood and yelled out to the quiet, emptying stands, "Two strikes. Come on, everybody stand up." It was a great feeling to have the Orioles ahead and a couple of hundred well-lubricated NYY fans chanting at me, "A**hole, a**hole."  I don't know whether it was serious or not. Either way was OK with me, and I took a bow each time. 

15 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

That's why I hate the Yankees the most. The Red Sox and Jays are temporary annoyances, but if I live to be 100, I will still hear dumb ugly Yankees fans saying "count the rings" and of course they'll always be right. And at least the Red Sox and Jays have had to go through periods of losing in order to reload. The worst a 30-year old Yankee fan has had to deal with is what, a few years from 2013-2016 where they won 85ish games and got eliminated in late September? And that qualifies as a rebuilding period? Screw them.

And how have they built themselves "the right way" any more than Boston? Pedroia, Benitendi, Betts, Bradley, and Bogaerts are homegrown.

The Yankees went through patches of mediocrity from 1965-73 (one season finishing above .512) and 1987-91 (no finish higher than fourth place in the division). The first one roughly coincided with the period when a team's financial resources mattered less than ever (between the institution of the amateur draft and the inception of free agency).

As for building the team in "the right way," I'm not making any judgments for a few years as to whether they've changed their approach or last year and this merely represent a blip.

32 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

The Yankees went through patches of mediocrity from 1965-73 (one season finishing above .512) and 1987-91 (no finish higher than fourth place in the division.) The first one roughly coincided with the period when a team's financial resources mattered less than ever (between the institution of the amateur draft and the inception of free agency.)

As for building the team in "the right way," I'm not making any judgments for a few years as to whether they've changed their approach, or last year and this year merely represent a blip.

o

The Yankees' bad stretch from that time was actually from 1989 through 1992, when they had 4 consecutive losing seasons. Between 1983 and 1988, the Yankees had 6 consecutive winning seasons, contending for the division title each time except for the Tigers' runaway season in 1984. The 1987 team went 89-73, and the 1988 team (85-76 with one rainout) finished 3 and-a-half games behind the division champion Red Sox. The bottom fell out in 1989, when a late surge in the final week and-a-half of the season was needed to prevent them from losing 90 games (they finished at 74-87 with one rainout.) When George Steinbrenner was kicked out of baseball for 3 years in the early 90's, it allowed Gene Michael and Buck Showalter to collectively rebuild the franchise without his constant terrorizing of the players and the managers, which was one of the major reasons for their demise in the late 80's and early 90's

o