I hate the Yankees

25 Nuggets

8 minutes ago, AceKing said:

When I first got on this message board I got “talked to” about downvoting others.

I guess you have to be in the club.

Whatever.

I'm saying...the rep system is just kinda silly to begin with.  I'm not criticizing anyone when I say that, btw.  I should clarify that...the fact that people CARE about rep (positive and negative) is silly.  Relax man.

I’m tempted to say that I don’t hate the Yankees, but I hate the Orioles for the way they fold like a lawn chair when playing the Yankees.    This week, the following members of Not Exactly Murderers’ Row hit homers off our pitchers:

- Higashioka (2)

- Urshela (2)

- Maybin (2)

- Tauchman (2)

- Romine (2)

- Ford

I mean, who?    Really?

And by the way, what are the Yankees putting in their water cooler?    I’m looking at the stats on some of these guys and they’re WAY out of line with anything they’ve previously done in their careers.

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m tempted to say that I don’t hate the Yankees, but I hate the Orioles for the way they fold like a lawn chair when playing the Yankees.    This week, the following members of Not Exactly Murderers’ Row hit homers off our pitchers:

- Higashioka (2)

- Urshela (2)

- Maybin (2)

- Tauchman (2)

- Romine (2)

- Ford

I mean, who?    Really?

And by the way, what are the Yankees putting in their water cooler?    I’m looking at the stats on some of these guys and they’re WAY out of line with anything they’ve previously done in their careers.

Teams are using a special “Yankee” ball?  Or MLB experimenting with one when they play Baltimore. 

19 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Means nothing. The Yankees win that series in no more than 5. The Twins are not going into Yankee Stadium and steal a game. I just don’t see it. 

Why, because the Yankees have been anything but dominant in the postseason for the past decade?  Because the Yankees haven't been to the World Series in 10 years?  The Yankees are very close to being a house of cards.  Take away a brilliant season from DJ LeMahieu and some brilliant starts from some small sample sized youngsters like Urshela and German, and you have a team that gets by mostly on beating up on very weak Orioles and Blue Jays teams, a not quite arrived Rays team and a head case, off-year Red Sox team.  

51 minutes ago, CheeryO said:

Why, because the Yankees have been anything but dominant in the postseason for the past decade?  Because the Yankees haven't been to the World Series in 10 years?  The Yankees are very close to being a house of cards.  Take away a brilliant season from DJ LeMahieu and some brilliant starts from some small sample sized youngsters like Urshela and German, and you have a team that gets by mostly on beating up on very weak Orioles and Blue Jays teams, a not quite arrived Rays team and a head case, off-year Red Sox team.  

I really hope you’re right, but I don’t think you are. The only team beating NY in the AL is Houston. 

9 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Yes it can.

Also the Yankees starting pitching is not good. They could lose in the ALDS if their bullpen has a couple bad games. And Astros really one upped the Yankees by trading for Greinke. But don't worry Cashman you didn't trade away any of your precious prospects. Who cares about winning the World Series anyways. 

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

- Higashioka (2)

- Urshela (2)

- Maybin (2)

- Tauchman (2)

- Romine (2)

- Ford

I mean, who?    Really?

Posnanski is always talking/whining about how the Yankees get guys like this and have them perform out of their minds.  You also forgot Maybin, who, as Posnanski wrote the other day, is finally performing like the Ken Griffey Jr. he was hyped as being 12 years later.

13 of 30 teams have made a World Series in the last ten years. Here’s a list of World Series appearances since 09:

Giants- 3

Dodgers- 2

Red Sox- 2

Rangers- 2

Cardinals- 2

Royals- 2

Astros- 1

Yankees- 1

Cubs- 1

Cleveland- 1

Phillies- 1

Mets- 1

Tigers- 1

I’d like to see a team not on this list make it. Someone like the Braves or the Twins. Not the Nationals though... never the Nationals.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1