Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

"Fragile" stuff because I don't like a manager's "leadership" style. Excuse me while I roll my eyes all the way in the back of my head from this boomer nonsense.

I'd love to hear Earl Weaver quotes to the media. Let's hear them.

NSFW Language!!!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

So they cut him, still pay him and what body is he really blocking that is knocking down the door and isn't getting rushed?

I think Davis is cut in 2020 sometime. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it happens sooner.

Maybe Ryan Mouncastle next year. Mostly DHing, some 1B, OF once in a while? Cutting Davis would allow that. Elias did say they'd look at it in the offseason.

I don't see Elias' quote as Moose did, that we're in it for the long haul. Just all this year. Maybe longer, MAYBE not... *fingerscrossed*

8 hours ago, LA2 said:

What's Davis got to do with it, got to do with it?

What's Davis but a second-hand emotion?

“He’ll expose you, when he snows you
Off your feet with the crumbs, he throws you
He’s ferocious and he knows just what it
Takes to make a pro blush
All the girls think he’s just fine, he’s got Chris Davis eyes

2 hours ago, MongoBoy said:

"He said he'd like to see Davis play better"

Really? 

That shows leadership.

Maturity, restraint and tact as well. I’m sure Davis understands the full meaning of Elias not offering any pro forma GM-speak rubbish in his defense. That should speak loudly enough. 

9 hours ago, scOtt said:

NSFW Language!!!!!!!!!

I've listened to that a few times lately and his tirade at Bill Haller. My question is... was this a real interview that went over the air on the radio or is this a comedy bit?

2 minutes ago, Sessh said:

I've listened to that a few times lately and his tirade at Bill Haller. My question is... was this a real interview that went over the air on the radio or is this a comedy bit?

It was a comedy bit they did. I don't think it was ever supposed to get out in public.

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

It was a comedy bit they did. I don't think it was ever supposed to get out in public.

I'm glad it did. I only wish there were more episodes and more umpires wearing mics during his arguments.

Archived