Going for the Mini-Sweep (GAME TWO, 9/03)

OFFNY

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hahahaha

he also wrote about 100 symphonies and I’ve gotten I to the ha it of going to YouTube and playing a random symphony. So far every single one has been wonderful. He was one of history’s rarest geniuses.

( and the Op 20 quartets are actually My favorites)

Just now, Philip said:

Hahahaha

he also wrote about 100 symphonies and I’ve gotten I to the ha it of going to YouTube and playing a random symphony. So far every single one has been wonderful. He was one of history’s rarest geniuses.

( and the Op 20 quartets are actually My favorites)

Haydn's your boy I take it.

8 minutes ago, Sessh said:

No one runs in the base line. No one complies with the rule. Watch all the runners going down to first and you'll see that almost all of them run inside the baseline because it's more comfortable to plant the right foot into the bag than the left for righties. Doing it with the left foot is awkward. It's a stupid rule and no one follows it not to mention that forcing compliance may lead to some nasty left leg injuries down past the bag. If this rule were strictly enforced, everyone running down the line would get called for it.

The runner is supposed to be out only if, when he runs outside the running lane, "in the umpire’s judgment in so doing [the runner] interferes with the fielder taking the throw at first base." There was no such interference here. It was a bad call.  

Just now, O's84 said:

Haydn's your boy I take it.

Oh yes. One of my favorites.

one of my favorite trivia questions for my kids is,”what great composer was born the same year as George Washington?”

They Don’t know when Washington was born( 1732) so they have no idea.

haydn’s creative Life spanned over half a century. One can hardly imagine how much he wrote and how much of his output was outstanding quality and remains valid today. He’s not the best composer ever(Bach) or the most amazing( Beethoven was DEAF, for Pete’s sake) or even the most prolific( Telemann) but he’s the most joyful, the most charming and the most versatile.

he probably would have loved baseball.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Oh yes. One of my favorites.

one of my favorite trivia questions for my kids is,”what great composer was born the same year as George Washington?”

They Don’t know when Washington was born( 1732) so they have no idea.

haydn’s creative Life spanned over half a century. One can hardly imagine how much he wrote and how much of his output was outstanding quality and remains valid today. He’s not the best composer ever(Bach) or the most amazing( Beethoven was DEAF, for Pete’s sake) or even the most prolific( Telemann) but he’s the most joyful, the most charming and the most versatile.

he probably would have loved baseball.

Bach is my brother's favorite composer, absolutely loves him.  I roll with Mozart.  But that Haydn guy was pretty good too.  When I'm feeling down (I have chronic health problems), I go to the piano and play some Mozart and Haydn sonatas.  It helps some.

9 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Bach is my brother's favorite composer, absolutely loves him.

Fun fact: Johann Sebastian Bach was one of many famous people to marry his cousin. Others include Einstein (did it twice), Darwin, FDR, Rudy Gulianni, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

It isn't a fun fact if you have the chance to include Jerry Lee Lewis and decide not to.

Haha. Jerry Lee Lewis, Edgar Allen Poe, H.G. Wells, Jesse James etc.. Turns out the risks of birth defects for even first cousins having kids were grossly exaggerated.

19 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Bach is my brother's favorite composer, absolutely loves him.  I roll with Mozart.  But that Haydn guy was pretty good too.  When I'm feeling down (I have chronic health problems), I go to the piano and play some Mozart and Haydn sonatas.  It helps some.

Bach is my favorite as well, but Haydn was amazing because his genius was the result of hard work and study. He wasn’t natural like Mozart or Bach. He had to work and work hard.

and his music is so joyful and exciting. The mercury or fire symphonies or the finale of 104. So joyful. I could go on and on.