vs. MARINERS, 9/21

OFFNY

Just now, scOtt said:

Tremendous graphic! The three OFers and red, yellow and red rings around them where they were good or bad. BTW Hays had just a SMALL red area. Very cool statcast image tho!

I saw that too, But I missed the explanation. Is the red area supposed to be where a catch is unlikely? Hays’ circle seemed smaller than the corner guys but should have been larger because he’s fast, or did I misinterpret the graphic?

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I saw that too, But I missed the explanation. Is the red area supposed to be where a catch is unlikely? Hays’ circle seemed smaller than the corner guys but should have been larger because he’s fast, or did I misinterpret the graphic?

A catch is difficult, for them. Thus Hays had only small red.

Not sure if it takes in range. Not there at least. Seems like it could easily include range. Larger circle for faster OFers. Even my old Comp Sci skills can see it's an easy transition. Just manipulating pixels with an extra var included in the matrices. Beware of the Eigenvalues!