O's sign INF Dilson Herrera to MiL deal

interloper

With Villar moved, the team needs some more middle infield depth. Who knows, maybe he shows something in Spring Training. He was a top prospect back in the day. Maybe we get an infield of Valaika, Alberto, and Herrera on Opening Day. That's the kind of infield that strikes fear the in the hearts of...well, nobody.

• Haha 1

It sounds like he’s auditioning for Wilkerson’s spot. I like Stevie, and as things stand, he’s one of our best players, Ha ha ha cry cry cry, but he’s had a whole year of major league glory, and if they want to replace him I won’t complain too much.

Man, this name is a blast from the past. Remember thinking this guy was going be very promising for the Mets. Dominating AA as a 20 year old with good metrics. Only to be a Quad A player for the next 5 years. .203/.293/.394 triple slash in 266 PAs.

Shallow low rez valuation made me feel he was one those guys who masked the serious flaws as a hitter with a selective approach against MILB pitching.

Nothing wrong with taking a gamble on mutli-position fielder with some pop.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

You can never hate a milb signing.  Seems like he's more of a corner guy than a MIF type, but I could be wrong.  If I'm a milb FA, I'm looking at the O's as a team that can offer me a significant role.  Like a real chance.  

I've never seen you this optimistic, are you feeling okay? 

Since this guy has positional flexibility, I’ll pose my question here.  Does the new 26 man roster have conditions on it?  In other words, is a team limited in the number of pitchers it can carry?  I believe I read something about that, but wasn’t sure if that was the final rule.

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

Since this guy has positional flexibility, I’ll pose my question here.  Does the new 26 man roster have conditions on it?  In other words, is a team limited in the number of pitchers it can carry?  I believe I read something about that, but wasn’t sure if that was the final rule.

You can't carry any more than 13 pitchers.  Which is kind of like a law saying that you can't have any more than 11 kids: philosophically annoying, but realistically it only impacts crazy people.  If the Orioles were planning on carrying 14 pitchers we'd have bigger problems.

17 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You can't carry any more than 13 pitchers.  Which is kind of like a law saying that you can't have any more than 11 kids: philosophically annoying, but realistically it only impacts crazy people.  If the Orioles were planning on carrying 14 pitchers we'd have bigger problems.

I had a student, who is about 6 foot four and was the shortest and youngest of the nine sons that his parents had brought into the world.

Every time he came to a lesson, his mom drove him up in a 15 passenger van, which apparently was the only thing that could fit the whole family, ha ha.

• Upvote 1