Holiday Orioles swag — 2019 edition

Frobby

So, who got Orioles swag as a holiday gift?

Combining my sports passion with my personal predilections, my wife bought me an adult-sized Orioles bib!    And, my secretary got me a Baby Birds coffee mug.     So, I can use them simultaneously and not spill coffee all over myself!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Palmoripken said:

Got a biography on Brooks. Just got to where Hank Bauer was hired as manager. Reading about Paul Richards building the Oriole way from scratch is making me hopeful for what Elias might be able to do. Plus Brooks really is Mr. Oriole and I say that as someone who idolized Cal in the 90’s.

Loved that book.    Richards had some eye for talent.   Watched a teenage Brooks field grounders at 2B for an hour and told the beat reporters, “I think I just watched the best third baseman I ever saw.”   Saw it even while Brooks was playing 2B.

One of the fun things about that book was realizing just how early everyone knew Brooks was an otherworldly defender, even before he’d established himself in the majors.