Happy 2020 !

TonySoprano

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

Looking back, we close out a decade that had 3 playoff appearances, second only to the 70s (5).   It also ended with the two worst records in Baltimore franchise history.  For the next few years, remember, misery may love company, but there's no better online group than here. 

giphy.gif

Here's to turning the page and hoping for much better times in the years to come. 

PS  If you must go out on Amateur Night, please be safe.  Call an Uber or have a designated driver if the celebrations become too festive.  :new_beer:

Cheers. 

ial8a1lhh1i21.jpg

• Haha 3

As baseball is the example of how succeeding only 3 out of 10 times still means you are at the top of the profession...Let’s pledge to make more New Mistakes......Happy New Year to all my friends here on the OH!! 

“I hope that in this year to come, 
you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, 
then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. 
You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. 
Make New Mistakes. 
Make glorious, amazing mistakes. 
Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. 
Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, 
whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do It.

Make your mistakes, 
next year and forever.” 

― Neil Gaiman

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Happy one guys .... I have an idea! Hoping to get my SBA loan approved and my restaurant purchase completed before March 1st.

Hope 2020 is prosperous for all my friends here! ?

Wish you the best of luck with the loan! What type of restaurant is it?

• Upvote 1

Well, it was the best of times it was the worst of times. The Orioles finally ended the seemingly endless run of 14 years of darkness. For 5 years we were in the mix, and among the best. And then, it was all gone.  But it was quite a decade. 

I am thankful for so many things. I have a wonderful wife, 4 great kids, and I have both parents still living. Life ain’t perfect and being an Oriole fan isn’t easy. But I do love it and I love that I can read the most insanely appropriate Oriole stuff right here. 

This is gonna be the decade we rise above!!

Happy New Year! 

Imagine that!!!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Well, it was the best of times it was the worst of times. The Orioles finally ended the seemingly endless run of 14 years of darkness. For 5 years we were in the mix, and among the best. And then, it was all gone.  But it was quite a decade. 

I am thankful for so many things. I have a wonderful wife, 4 great kids, and I have both parents still living. Life ain’t perfect and being an Oriole fan isn’t easy. But I do love it and I love that I can read the most insanely appropriate Oriole stuff right here. 

This is gonna be the decade we rise above!!

Happy New Year! 

Imagine that!!!

• Upvote 3

A mentor of mine told me that if you never make a mistake, you are probably not trying hard enough...just don't keep making the same mistakes!! That's what I am hoping for the O's in the 20's. Build a sustainable, repeatable franchise that has a chance of winning each year but doesn't mortgage the future or over extend...that and a restaurant purchase completed before March 1st!! 

• Upvote 1