O's claim IF Urena from Jays

Yardball85

1 hour ago, AnythingO's said:

What do we know about Dilson Herrera (minor-free agent), specifically defense. He seems to be mostly 2B and 3B, has had cups of coffee in the Majors over last 2=3 seasons. Seems to hit in the Minors.

He can’t hit. His defense is good, though. However, we have a multitude of infielders who defend well and hit less well. A little variety would be nice.

Looks like a solid pick up of a guy that needed a change of scenery. He was rushed up from AA three years ago and has struggled to find a role. Natural LH hitter who started switch hitting as a pro, in 2013. Not saying he’s going to be an all star, but why not pick him up and take a look at him in Spring training? 

Supposed to have quick twitch athleticism and a plus arm. He was the Jays’ #4 prospect after 2015, according to BA. and was in their top 10 through 2017. I guess it will depend on Richard and the attitude he brings into his new opportunity.

Our offseason is heating up.  I like that Elias is utilizing the waiver wire.  Remember, this is how we’ve acquired Hanser, Nunez, Ruiz, Severino, and Smith Jr.  That might be 5/9ths of our OD lineup.  

I like the pick up. I’m thinking Valaika will probably clear waivers. As far as roster fit, I think it makes us weaker in the IF vs LHP. I was hoping that Alberto and Valaika could cover 2B/3B vs LHP. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2020 at 2:45 PM, Philip said:

Well, that’s the other extreme, a guy hits well and defends not at all. Also less appealing than other options…

So you’re saying that you would like ME to sign guys who hit well and field well, preferably to team friendly numbers? Have to wonder why he hasn’t tried that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

So you’re saying that you would like ME to sign guys who hit well and field well, preferably to team friendly numbers? Have to wonder why he hasn’t tried that. 

Copycat league. If he does that and it works, the rest of the league will try to do the same thing. Could you imagine that disaster?