Video of Altuve

Uli2001

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Pointing out McCann's hypocrisy. 

I'm fine with a piece calling attention to how someone who presented themselves in the manner that McCann did is now silent. 

C'mon you're smarter than that.  I don't like McCann's insistence on the "unwritten rules of baseball" but there's no equivalency between his blabbering about that and someone basically accusing him of participating in what's widely perceived as a huge scandal - like the worst think since sliced corned beef - and yes your name veered me off in the wrong direction.  What were we talking about - the unwritten rules of Orioles Hangout?  I haven't even read the written rules yet.  Hmm, having an odd craving for sauerkraut.          

6 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

C'mon you're smarter than that.  I don't like McCann's insistence on the "unwritten rules of baseball" but there's no equivalency between his blabbering about that and someone basically accusing him of participating in what's widely perceived as a huge scandal - like the worst think since sliced corned beef - and yes your name veered me off in the wrong direction.  What were we talking about - the unwritten rules of Orioles Hangout?  I haven't even read the written rules yet.  Hmm, having an odd craving for sauerkraut.          

Man I haven't had sauerbraten in years.

I don't think it is possible for anyone to have been on that team for any length of time and not known what was going on.  Maybe a kid called up for bullpen duty but not the starting catcher.

Of course that's knowledge of, not participation in.

6 hours ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

Couldn't agree more. Trying to suspend the players would be insane. MLB got the information it did because they offered immunity to the players. If they don't, I really doubt they'd have the evidence they'd need to get through a suspension appeal with the Player's Union. Hell, players can charge the mound and punch a pitcher in the face - and they usually get a reduction in suspension when there are twenty different camera angles and 30,000 witnesses to it. I don't see MLB prevailing in an appeal when they'd be using shaky testimony without a ton of evidence.

This isn't like a crime case where you offer a plea deal to get one guy to flip on everyone else. Without immunity, the Astros probably don't answer anything.

They definitely deserved punishment, but I don't see how MLB could have fairly figured out that mess without opening up a bunch of cans of worms.

Yup.  MLB is not a legal body.  They can offer immunity to anyone and anyone can lie without recourse cause they are not under oath.  Or is MLB a law enforcement agency?  I think not.

12 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

like the worst think since sliced corned beef - 

What the H is wrong with sliced corned beef?? Mind you sliced pastrami, steamed on rye would be my choice, but.....

It's stream on unconsciousness - if that's a thing or a word.  I have to admit it - Maryland corned beef doesn't hold a candle to New York corned beef.    

5 hours ago, Ruzious said:

It's stream on unconsciousness - if that's a thing or a word.  I have to admit it - Maryland corned beef doesn't hold a candle to New York corned beef.    

That argument makes no sense at all.  You should think before you type.  ?