They all break 2020

weams

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

One (Ryan Braun) is going on the IL, the other (大谷 翔平) is getting an MRI ........

After Maddon Left Ohtani in for 42-Pitch Inning, He’s Getting an MRI. Phillies in the Clear, Braun to the IL

(By Michael Cerami)

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/08/03/mlbits-after-maddon-left-ohtani-in-for-42-pitch-inning-hes-getting-an-mri-phillies-in-the-clear-braun-to-the-il-more/

o

That's crazy in this day and age.  I've thought of Maddon as one of the great managers in the game, but this is hard to get around.  

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He'd not even thrown a single inning since 2018.  Maddon thought he was well rested.

In college our coach was asking all the pitchers who had an inning in them that day.  I told him “My arm is fresh, I haven’t pitched in a year. “.  He didn’t think it was funny ?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

On the bright side we can start calling Maddon an old school manager now.

Him and Dusty.  And both made their names with the Cubs - as managers.  More amazing - I'm old enough to remember watching Dusty play with Hank Aaron - who caused me to be a Braves fan, but I digress... quite a bit.           

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 4:29 PM, VaBird1 said:

In college our coach was asking all the pitchers who had an inning in them that day.  I told him “My arm is fresh, I haven’t pitched in a year. “.  He didn’t think it was funny ?

Did he say, “Watch your mouth, VaBird1, or I’ll cut your playing time in half.”

And did you respond, “Zero divided by two is still zero, coach.”

• Haha 1