John Means 2020

Frobby

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You know what I like less than cheaters?

Losing.  ?

And I'm sure like Bartolo Colon, sure he cheated but he's fat so it's OK.

It’s not ok! I like fat guys even less than I do cheaters.

I’m just kidding. I love everyone.

The stuff we've seen from Means the first two starts is pretty close to legitimate TOR stuff.  He is sitting 94-95 with a plus change-up and improving curveball.  His command last night was also very good, I didn't seem him miss his spot with his fastball very much.  We would be drooling over a prospect with this arsenal of pitches.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Big Mac said:

The stuff we've seen from Means the first two starts is pretty close to legitimate TOR stuff.  He is sitting 94-95 with a plus change-up and improving curveball.  His command last night was also very good, I didn't seem him miss his spot with his fastball very much.  We would be drooling over a prospect with this arsenal of pitches.  

Pfft he lost.  He obviously isn't a winner.

It certainly is a potential game changer if Means can throw mid 90s on a consistent basis now.

His changeup was one of the best swing and miss pitches in baseball last year.  If he can add a legit fastball, one commanded well, that totally changes his outlook imo.

Maybe this describes a lot of pitchers, but Means is capable of some filthy pitches with nice velo and plenty of pitches very difficult to hit when located.  He is making some big mistakes and last night's got crushed by Cervelli - a mediocre hitter.  On a pitch by pitch basis, he looks like a very good SP.

Odd that you can place a starter on the Bereavement List. Three game minimum, seven game maximum.

Have his family in your thoughts if you are so inclined. Tough time to lose a family member, never a good time but COVID makes grief especially difficult due to the social distancing.

Sounds like a great guy.

Services are on the 9th, so John won't be back this weekend.

Allowed 7 games on the bereavement list, so he has to be back by Thursday. I imagine he would re-join the team Tuesday after the off-day on Monday.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Sounds like a great guy.

Services are on the 9th, so John won't be back this weekend.

Allowed 7 days on the bereavement list, so he has to be back by Wednesday. I imagine he would re-join the team Tuesday after the off-game on Monday.

I remember him leaving the team last year while they were in KC to see his dad. I had assumed this was likely the reason he left the team again.  

Wonderful from a baseball standpoint that he was able to see John make the All Star game last year.