The ACC vs Big East Thread

mweb

Haha, yeah, I should really be confident in them playing against a top team given how they look.

So your answer to my question is no one.

The passage of time will prove your lack of confidence is a mistake.

And why should they be above those teams? For beating UVA?

Ask the question from the other perspective... Other than being a better known program what is the case for them being above UConn? UNC and UI aren't traditional powers but just other examples of the lack of respect newish programs get. You will get to see what is obvious to the unbiased observer in a couple of weeks when UConn beats up on UNC.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The passage of time will prove your lack of confidence is a mistake.

Ask the question from the other perspective... Other than being a better known program what is the case for them being above UConn? UNC and UI aren't traditional powers but just other examples of the lack of respect newish programs get. You will get to see what is obvious to the unbiased observer in a couple of weeks when UConn beats up on UNC.

Oh, I have confidence, in how bad the Big East is.

Just like I was going to get to see WVU winning the title, and the Big East win a lot of other games that they haven't.

And once again, you don't answer my question, just spin it a different way.

Oh, I have confidence, in how bad the Big East is.

Patience... Your will have an epiphany soon. Very Soon... And then you'll say, "Wow! you know what? That BEast pontificator, he was ahead of his time. A genius"

Just like I was going to get to see WVU winning the title, and the Big East win a lot of other games that they haven't.

This is my fault. Every once in a while I do make a mistake. This was one of those rare times. I should have known that struggles were ahead when they looked to the ACC for an offensive coordinator. He's helped to do a great job holding them back.

And once again, you don't answer my question, just spin it a different way.

They had most of their guys return, they've won 12 out of their last 15 contests. But alas, new program, lazy media, coaches who don't have time to follow the sports as a whole results in an unconscionable bias.

First two points aren't even worth responding to.

12 of 16, or more recently, 4 of 7.

But how many of those wins were against good teams? I would say one, you'd probably say more because of your love for the Big East.

Other than their win over S.Florida, their next best win during that span is Rutgers, who last year also only had one win over a good team, again USF.

In their last 4 games last season, they lost 3 by a combined score of 117-34! Their one win was against Syracuse, and I think even you'd admit that they were/are terrible. Natural reaction would be to think they were a fluke who hadn't played much of a schedule going into that stretch.

Going into today, they had an impressive win over a bad UVA team, a close win over a bad Temple team, and a win over Hofstra. Sorry, that's not much to write home about.

Illinois was a good team last year, but lost at #6 this year by 10, not exactly something they should be penalized that much for.

UNC may not be that good, but their win at Rutgers on national tv with a lot of people watching was certainly very helpful. Maybe UConn will get a boost with their win today with a good national audience, but obviously not nearly as impressive as UNC's win.

And it's not like the voters are suggesting these teams are leaps and bounds better than UConn either.

But how many of those wins were against good teams? I would say one, you'd probably say more because of your love for the Big East.

Other than their win over S.Florida, their next best win during that span is Rutgers, who last year also only had one win over a good team, again USF.

If that is how you are grading wins against good team, the UNC is coming off a season with zero big wins and haven't played anyone this year. Yet somehow wins over McNeese State and Rutgers makes the voters think they are better than UConn? It's illogical. The same can be said with Nebraska. Illinois at least earned some goodwill last year by having a good season.

If that is how you are grading wins against good team, the UNC is coming off a season with zero big wins and haven't played anyone this year. Yet somehow wins over McNeese State and Rutgers makes the voters think they are better than UConn? It's illogical. The same can be said with Nebraska. Illinois at least earned some goodwill last year by having a good season.

Seriously, I can't take this conversation anymore, if you ever want to remove yourself from your absurd bias, then I would continue, but this whole thing has become pointless.

I'll continue to post various thoughts regarding this thread, but there's no point debating the Big East with you.

Seriously, I can't take this conversation anymore, if you ever want to remove yourself from your absurd bias, then I would continue, but this whole thing has become pointless.

I'll continue to post various thoughts regarding this thread, but there's no point debating the Big East with you.

I think we have long passed anything to debate on this topic a while ago. It will take the passage of time (and a lot more games played) to come to an accurrate assesment of the merits of conference's season.

I am going to do what I have yet to see anyone else on this board do, and admit that I was completely wrong.

I've done that from time to time, but yeah, it's not common on here, however, in your case, you couldn't have really argued otherwise.;) Could have just ignored this thread though, which is a common practice of people that were wrong or can't come up with a good counter to a point.

I've done that from time to time, but yeah, it's not common on here, however, in your case, you couldn't have really argued otherwise.;) Could have just ignored this thread though, which is a common practice of people that were wrong or can't come up with a good counter to a point.

I have no problem owning up to a bad prediction (or two). What disappoints me is that both UCF and ECU had halftime leads.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived