How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

10 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I really enjoyed Renaissance Unchained.

They have the Classic Album series that used to air on VH-1, some of which are pretty interesting.

Time Team is pretty fun, they seem to have a nice time.

I'm currently watching Technical Marvels of the Ancient World.

Next on my watch list is: Saints & Sinners: The History of the Popes, seems like a good time.

One of my FAVORITE things to watch on youboob!

• Upvote 1

Not sure, how they can get back on the field and play, while maintaining social distancing from each other. Which is impossible.

Cant seen them playing with Masks.

So at what point, do we just say to hell with it, and plan for ST in 2021?

4 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Not sure, how they can get back on the field and play, while maintaining social distancing from each other. Which is impossible.

Why not? They played with masks during the Spanish Flu in 1918-19. I’m sure 99% of them would take playing in masks over making no money.

4 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Rick, there's reports coming out each day about other leagues opening up. The Bundesliga in Germany is about to resume play. Marylanders can go play golf tomorrow. If things stay the course, there is absolutely an opportunity for MLB to resume this year.

3 hours ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

Rick, there's reports coming out each day about other leagues opening up. The Bundesliga in Germany is about to resume play. Marylanders can go play golf tomorrow. If things stay the course, there is absolutely an opportunity for MLB to resume this year.

They just cancelled schools in MD for the year.  I am not sure why they are allowing golf.  Seems stupid,  Just like allowing Home Depot and Walmart to be open.  Anyway there won’t be baseball this year,  Germany handled the virus well and so did Korea but sadly we are handling it just about the worst of any country.

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

They just cancelled schools in MD for the year.  I am not sure why they are allowing golf.  Seems stupid,  Just like allowing Home Depot and Walmart to be open.  Anyway there won’t be baseball this year,  Germany handled the virus well and so did Korea but sadly we are handling it just about the worst of any country.

You do know that we have areas in this country where you choice for groceries is Walmart or Dollar General right?

I guess those people don't deserve to eat.

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You do know that we have areas in this country where you choice for groceries is Walmart or Dollar General right?

I guess those people don't deserve to eat.

Well they should shut down the non grocery parts of the store and only let you go once a week. I haven’t been store in 7 weeks.  Getting deliveries from Peapod and Amazon fresh.

Then I see 9 cars in a Starbucks drive through.  Drugstores,  Home Depot’s, carryouts crowded to the max. People walking by on the street not wearing masks, high school boys playing lacrosse and soccer. Toy store and garden stores open.  What is the point?  And then they close schools when kids don’t even seem to be affected by it.  

Just now, atomic said:

Well they should shut down the non grocery parts of the store and only let you go once a week. I haven’t been store in 7 weeks.  Getting deliveries from Peapod and Amazon fresh.

Then I see 9 cars in a Starbucks drive through.  Drugstores,  Home Depot’s, carryouts crowded to the max. People walking by on the street not wearing masks, high school boys playing lacrosse and soccer. Toy store and garden stores open.  What is the point?  And then they close schools when kids don’t even seem to be affected by it.  

You think everyone in this country has the means to only need to shop once a week?  You think everyone can just order off of Peapod and Amazon Fresh?

How exactly do you plan on marking folks so you know if they have been to the store in the last week?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomic said:

This is a baseball site. I think we should stick to analyzing the facts and reports from journalists - sharing odd anecdotes and rambling about things that aren't even accurate isn't providing much to the conversation.

Another article you may all find interesting, the St. Paul Saints released a plan on how they expect to eventually reopen their stadium to fans:

https://www.startribune.com/where-to-sit-what-not-to-spit-saints-offer-detailed-look-at-baseball-s-return-to-chs-field/570261322/

Edited by Mr. Chewbacca Jr.
typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think everyone in this country has the means to only need to shop once a week?  You think everyone can just order off of Peapod and Amazon Fresh?

How exactly do you plan on marking folks so you know if they have been to the store in the last week?

Wait, so you're saying every human on Earth doesn't leave the womb with an Amazon Prime account? The horror.

According to multiple sources, MLB is preparing a proposal to resume spring training in mid-June and start the season at the beginning of July. But they still need to clear it with the MLBPA first, and there are a lot of logistical issues, obviously.

From Jeff Passan at ESPN:

Some teams have suggested players prepare for a spring training that would begin as early as June 10 and a season that would begin July 1, dates first suggested publicly by former player Trevor Plouffe. Other teams, sources said, are being more general in their timetables, understanding the complications that hard dates can cause and wanting instead to nudge players toward being in game shape.

Any agreement is likely to include contingency plans going forward, sources said. Some officials fear a so-called second wave of coronavirus cases that some health officials have forecast and believe that instead of planning to play into late November, with an expanded playoff system, MLB would be better suited playing a shorter season that gives the league a greater likelihood to avoid potential complications.

And from Ken Rosenthal in The Athletic:

The league’s goal, according to sources, is to open in as many home cities as possible, a scenario that would be more convenient for the players than out-of-town hubs, particularly if Spring Training 2.0 also takes place mostly in home parks. Playing at home, even without fans, also would be a sign of normalcy returning in those cities, an idea that appeals to many politicians as well as league officials.

The next three weeks, then, are critical for baseball. If the virus erupts in enough places, the league might need to rethink any possibility of starting spring training in early June and the season in early July. The threat of a second wave of COVID-19 hitting in the fall might leave the sport even less room to maneuver.

• Thanks 1