Britt Ghiroli: Is this TMZ?

weams

28 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Post career.  Not too good.  

I do remember him hitting a bomb and taking a looongg trip around the bases.  When questioned about it, he quipped “what the hell do you want me to do? Sprint?”  Always found that comical.

Not all post career. His Yankees team yearbook photo one year was him at the prom with a 17 year old he'd been with for two years. A long read:

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/7/15/5883593/the-many-crimes-of-mel-hall

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, SteveA said:

By my reckoning, Encarnacion is only the 3rd biggest a-hole on the Blue Jay teams of the middle of last decade.

Maybe my memory fails me again... I meant the one who charged the mound and got ROCKED in the jaw.

1 hour ago, makoman said:

Not all post career. His Yankees team yearbook photo one year was him at the prom with a 17 year old he'd been with for two years. A long read:

That is entirely horrific.  I went to school with a guy who became a teacher.  Then went to prison for taking advantage of a student.  I can see the similarities in personalities.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:54 AM, scOtt said:

Encarnacion. Tied with Ortiz anyways.

Agree, that chicken wing looking thing rounding the bases makes me want to punch him in the mouth(then run for my life).  Also hated that stupid thing Papelbon did as well.

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2020 at 12:07 PM, weams said:

Rocker and Josh Hamilton are up there. I actually heard a teammate of Belle describe him as a fun guy. 

I've heard Belle was always a good teammate, just hated the press and was indifferent to the fans. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, makoman said:

I ended up reading this entire outstanding piece. Two things I learned out of this, Mell Hall certainly is at the top of the list of bad guys in baseball history, and holy crap there was a some bad parenting going on in some of these cases. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I ended up reading this entire outstanding piece. Two things I learned out of this, Mell Hall certainly is at the top of the list of bad guys in baseball history, and holy crap there was a some bad parenting going on in some of these cases. 

Also what was up with the Yankees putting that picture into their yearbook?  No one thought that was maybe a bad idea?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Also what was up with the Yankees putting that picture into their yearbook?  No one thought that was maybe a bad idea?

I could kinda understand it from the Yankees perspective because her family was ok with everything and the Yankees had no idea it was sexual. Weird, sure, but it appears, at least from the people interviewed, that they looked at it in the same situation as a "big brother/father figure" since the family was ok. 

In retrospect it certainly looks bad though. There is so much head scratching on how the parents dealt with all of this in several cases that it makes you wonder how some of this even was allowed to happen.

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2020 at 1:56 PM, Tony-OH said:

In retrospect it certainly looks bad though. There is so much head scratching on how the parents dealt with all of this in several cases that it makes you wonder how some of this even was allowed to happen.

I’m sure they were blinded by all the shinny new objects that Hall was buying them.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:56 PM, Tony-OH said:

I could kinda understand it from the Yankees perspective because her family was ok with everything and the Yankees had no idea it was sexual. Weird, sure, but it appears, at least from the people interviewed, that they looked at it in the same situation as a "big brother/father figure" since the family was ok. 

It reminded me some of Elvis and how Priscilla's family was okay with the BS going on under their noses.

More bad parenting, along the lines of that US Olympic Gymnastic Doctor that was playing doctor with all the female gymnasts and none of the parents was the least bit concerned about no 2nd party or parent in the room.

As a parent, there is no way on God's earth that neither my wife or I would have been so agreeable. How does that happen?