Keegan Akin likes violently racist tweet

interloper

I can't post the tweet because of strong language including the n-word, but it's easily found if you search Twitter. There are screenshots proving he liked it. I sure hope it's accidental. If not, it's devastatingly disappointing and I expect he will face pretty severe consequences.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I can't post the tweet because of strong language including the n-word, but it's easily found if you search Twitter. There are screenshots proving he liked it. I sure hope it's accidental. If not, he needs to be released immediately and I expect he will be.

I haven't seen the tweet, I'm not going to look for the tweet but releasing someone over liking any tweet is ridiculous when you consider what players have done over the years and manged to stay employed.

I'm not just talking about pre-segeragtion days.

Of course it being hypocritical doesn't mean it might not happen.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I haven't seen the tweet, I'm not going to look for the tweet but releasing someone over liking any tweet is ridiculous when you consider what players have done over the years and manged to stay employed.

I'm not just talking about pre-segeragtion days.

Of course it being hypocritical doesn't mean it might not happen.

Yet you were very upset when the Orioles signed Deleon Young. Seems pretty hypocritical of you that you don’t want Akin released.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Yet you were very upset when the Orioles signed Deleon Young. Seems pretty hypocritical of you that you don’t want Akin released.

Can you read?

Can you show me where I said that I don't want Akin released?

I said it would be ridiculous and hypocritical if they did.

How was that not clear?

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can you read?

How was that not clear?

New management, brothers are in charge. I changed the OP though as it was mostly just my opinion re: release. Dunno how you keep that guy on your roster though, just me. 

Also, doing the right thing late is better than never doing the right thing. I would welcome the hypocrisy in this case.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can you read?

How was that not clear?

Saying it is ridiculous means you don’t want him released. I am glad I don’t have to make the decisions on this but if you didn’t want Delmon on the team for his actions you shouldn’t want Akin in the team either if he purposely liked that tweet.   I gave Delmon benefit of the doubt as he was drunk and didn’t happen when he was an Oriole. Turns out he had another incident so I was wrong. 

As for the Orioles being hypocritical..I don’t think the Angelos brothers have had anything like this happen before when they were in charge.  It puts the team in a bad light and he is a borderline prospect.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

New management, brothers are in charge. I changed the OP though as it was mostly just my opinion. Dunno how you keep that guy on your roster though, just me. 

Also, doing the right thing late is better than never doing the right thing.

Doing the right thing?

If an established, quality major league player, say a 3-4 win guy likes that tweet any chance he gets released?

Akin is disposable.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Doing the right thing?

If an established, quality major league player, say a 3-4 win guy likes that tweet any chance he gets released?

Akin is disposable.

I think in this moment an established major leaguer might get released.   The timing of this coming out is not the best for Akin.  I will wait to see if this was actually Akin before passing judgement.  

But of course a person of limited upside is not worth the hit to the teams reputation.  

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

Saying it is ridiculous means you don’t want him released. I am glad I don’t have to make the decisions on this but if you didn’t want Delmon on the team for his actions you shouldn’t want Akin in the team either if he purposely liked that tweet.  

As for the Orioles being hypocritical..I don’t think the Angelos brothers have had anything like this happen before when they were in charge.  It puts the team in a bad light and he is a borderline prospect.  

No it doesn't.

That isn't the point I was making.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Doing the right thing?

Akin is disposable.

Ok I know you can't resist finding the one thing in my posts to pick apart and disagree with, but I'm not sure why you're focusing on this aspect. I changed the OP to reflect less of my opinion. I'm not super interested in a message board spat right now to be honest 

The point of the thread is to make folks aware. We'll just see what comes of it. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Ok I know you can't resist finding the one thing in my posts to pick apart and disagree with, but I'm not sure why you're focusing on this aspect. I changed the OP to reflect less of my opinion. I'm not super interested in a message board spat right now to be honest 

The point of the thread is to make folks aware. We'll just see what comes of it. 

It isn't personal, it is never personal with me.  

I'm just pointing out that it is easy to "do the right thing" when it is someone like Akin.

That is why it is so laughable that Atomic thinks I want Akin in the organization.  He's a fungible asset.