Keegan Akin likes violently racist tweet

interloper

16 hours ago, atomic said:

Yet you were very upset when the Orioles signed Deleon Young. Seems pretty hypocritical of you that you don’t want Akin released.

Just found out about this conflict, but I can say that only a person of minimal intelligence equates what Delmon Young did and what Akin did.

Look up what Delmon young did, and not just once, and if you think they are in anyways similar, well then...

This is an incredible mountain being made over an incredible mole hill.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Spl51 said:

I have liked tweets dozens of times accidentally without even knowing I did it until I look back at my liked tweets. It's really easy to like a tweet when you are just scrolling.

I am guessing none of them were racist. 

34 minutes ago, Philip said:

Just found out about this conflict, but I can say that only a person of minimal intelligence equates what Delmon Young did and what Akin did.

Look up what Delmon young did, and not just once, and if you think they are in anyways similar, well then...

No opinion on the underlying re-tweet, since I don't know how to find it and don't want to learn, but as we go further into the summer without baseball I suspect we're going to see a lot of mountains get built from molehills or less. :drek:

4 hours ago, sevastras said:

What kind of world is this that someone digs up a racist tweet from 4 years ago and calls out the only person that has anything close to a public image who liked it?  Also, freedom of speech only applies if you agree with it?  I dont like the use of that word by anyone, however, the use of words here is what gets criticized rather than someone being angry over the killing of police officers?

Im pretty sure I crossed the line of political discussion, but some times I cant just help myself.  Remove if necessary. 

Hate speech is not protected and even if it were the Orioles could still fire him.  I am not sure why you need to justify such speech. 

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

My question is why would anyone be looking at Akin's twitter likes from four years ago?

I have to assume they had some motivation to do so, and the wording of the post sounds like a threat.

Of course that doesn't change primary discussion.

They didn't find it by looking at Akin's timeline.

They found it by finding the tweet in question, looking at the list of people who liked it, and finding one of the 39 names was Akin and it had in his profile that he was in the Baltimore Orioles organization.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SteveA said:

They didn't find it by looking at Akin's timeline.

They found it by finding the tweet in question, looking at the list of people who liked it, and finding one of the 39 names was Akin and it had in his profile that he was in the Baltimore Orioles organization.

Man social media is scary. Permanent record of everything you do for the rest of your life.

We have mobs of people digging up dirt on anyone they can find. This country is going down a bad road.

Edited by Spl51
  • Upvote 3

I would put up hashtag drop twitter but someone would probably dig up a tweet or some picture linked to someone else's unsavory post and ask me to answer for it. Most social media is bad mojo at this point. Bunch of keyboard tough guys and true believers who shout down all that challenge anything that they believe. Do yourself a favor and turn it off! Turn it off!

Edited by OsEatAlEast

5 hours ago, atomic said:

Hate speech is not protected and even if it were the Orioles could still fire him.  I am not sure why you need to justify such speech. 

Liking a tweet could very easily be accidental. It's bad form to be accusing someone based on such flimsy evidence. This is a bad thread.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

Liking a tweet could very easily be accidental. It's bad form to be accusing someone based on such flimsy evidence. This is a bad thread.

Have I accused him of anything?  Reread my posts.

7 hours ago, Philip said:

Your comment and others make me embarrassed to be a member of the forum.