Os announce 60 man roster

Roll Tide

As others in this thread have stated, it would make sense to add at least the following players to the 60 man roster, even if some won't play this year:

• Diaz
  • Kremer
  • Mullins
  • McKenna
  • Akin
  • Mountcastle
  • Urena
  • Rutschmann
  • Rodriguez
  • Hall

(with the latter 3 being unlikely to actually play for the Orioles).  If Diaz, Kremer, and Mountcastle are on the roster, it will make the 60 games a LOT more interesting and important.

7 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Just saw that players on the 60 man roster do NOT need to be put in the 40 to play in games (regular ones, not inter squad.)

Really, what is the source?   I had heard just the opposite.  That the guys on the 60 but not on the 40 would be treated just like minor league players not on the 40 who could be called up, they would have to find a 40 spot for them.

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder how that works with Union Membership?

23 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Really, what is the source?   I had heard just the opposite.  That the guys on the 60 but not on the 40 would be treated just like minor league players not on the 40 who could be called up, they would have to find a 40 spot for them.

Let me try and find it again. I saw the tweet while at work and it wouldn’t let me paste it on here. I don’t remember who it was and it was about 5 hours ago. Knowing my luck, it was a typo and got deleted.

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Let me try and find it again. I saw the tweet while at work and it wouldn’t let me paste it on here. I don’t remember who it was and it was about 5 hours ago. Knowing my luck, it was a typo and got deleted.

I just started a thread on the official MLB announcement of all 2020 rule changes and that was not mentioned.  

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Anyone know if the media will be permitted to attend camp?    I’m guessing no, but that they’ll have some way of setting up interviews.    

Zoom?

I know Roch hasn't said he will have access, but he kind of implies he won't. Just reading between the lines...

Was kind of curious what the other teams were doing in terms of rosters and observed that the Royals have 19 players (of their full 60) that have no major league experience. Eleven of them have been drafted since 2017. Kind of an interesting way to structure a roster that you can't remove anyone from. Seems like the Royals might be committed to playing some first rounders this year.

Similarly, the Indians have 16 non-roster invitees and only 4 have MLB experience.

Meanwhile, all 44 players on the Orioles 60-man so far have major league experience.

5 hours ago, scOtt said:

You think there will be a Fall League?

Also something that's been sneaking into my head... You think (or anyone think) we'll try to get some guys winter ball action just for some reps?

edit: especially guys who don't make the 60-man. In theory they're going to get ZERO playing time this year.

I heard it in discussion but the COVID situation could affect it one way or the other.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:20 PM, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe I'll get more excited as the date gets closer.  But I just looked at the names on that roster and...well, ugh.

That is a triple A roster.  Well worse because it  sounds like Mountcastle won't be added to the 60 man roster.  Elias saying it is easy to add to the 60 man roster but hard to take off so they probably won't be adding too many players at this point.  

Luckily there is no all-star game this year because if Means struggled not a whole lot of all-star material on the team.