Servideo on Crabcakes, Bleach Blonde hair, and more! (UPDATE: Signs for $950K 100k overslot)

Roll Tide

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Did you have the seafood club? Best value in the place! Crab Cake, Shrimp salad, BLT. I get it without bread. They give you a decent size crab cake (about 1/3 of GM, and 1/2LB of shrimp salad. They make homemade house cut fries. All for $15.00

I will have to try it next time. 

4 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Also, someone may turn up their nose in disgust and ask me to turn in my Maryland card, but my wife makes “crab” cakes pretty regularly with chunk light tuna. For $1 a can vs $20 a pound, we can eat those every night of the week and they’re darn delicious.

Yuck lol

6 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

Sadly, Timbuktu no longer uses blue crab meat either. More flavorless Asian  crab. Sure makes for tremendous profit margin when you can fool consumers.

And you know this how?

I ask because I’m a restaurant guy that was in the process of buying/opening a restaurant in Westminster when the pandemic hit in March. My initial thought was on crabs (AUCE) and full service options for breakfast through dinner. 

I spoke to several distributors and most of the crabs and crabmeat is from Louisiana and Texas. Here Maryland/Virginia product is mixed in during the season. In bulk, the Louisiana stuff is very affordable even for Jumbo Lump. 

FYI, G&M and Timbuktu were owned by the same family for a considerable amount of years. I can’t say that I know if they still are but any change would’ve been in the last couple of years.

Speaking of foreign crab meat, It’s Phillips that uses crab meat from a cove they created in Indonesia. They transported Blue Crab from here to there and it’s essentially farm raised, fed fish local to that area, and tastes off IMO.

@CarrRun49 You can almost always get Backfin at Giant for around $12. It’s from South America, Peru as I recall. Which is much better than making it out of canned Salmon. The thought of that makes me want to ? 

I think I’d rather not have them

11 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Did Servideo sign yet? Has he agreed to?

Will you stop interrupting this important conversation about crab cakes?  ? 

Servideo has not signed yet, to my knowledge.   Hopefully soon.    

I generally only eat crab cakes when I’m at a pretty nice restaurant.    I’ve never experienced a real lower-end (price-wise) crab cake place.    They don’t really exist in DC or its suburbs, unfortunately.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Will you stop interrupting this important conversation about crab cakes?  ? 

Servideo has not signed yet, to my knowledge.   Hopefully soon.    

I generally only eat crab cakes when I’m at a pretty nice restaurant.    I’ve never experienced a real lower-end (price-wise) crab cake place.    They don’t really exist in DC or its suburbs, unfortunately.   

There always expensive ....Even if they arent any good! I have had some bad, mediocre and way overpriced!

On 7/2/2020 at 7:51 AM, Redskins Rick said:

My wife is partial to G&M. She did get a really good one at Dempseys a few years ago, when we stopped in there before a game.

G&M crab cakes are actually pretty awful.  The best I had were at the Baltimore Museum of Art. They use John Shields recipe which is what we use to make them at home.