9/4 Player Pool - Lowther added

MurphDogg

13 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Mountcastle should have the opportunity to play outfield. I don't care about Davis but I don't see the rush on Diaz when he can still get intrasquad reps without costing service time or holding back anyone else's development.

It appears that Mountcastle is a left fielder. Like Juan Soto is. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Cash is irrelevant Mike ..... If they got anything less them a good prospect it was just plain stupid.

The Orioles had turned down several offers for Bleier until the return became what Elias wanted. It's not cash. It was a joke. A Bradford joke. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

No reason for this team to pay a 33 year-old reliever more than the minimum.

Best case scenario the O's will be competitive in 2022 at which point Bleier will be 35 and in his third and final year of arbitration and thus unlikely to have any surplus value.

I agree, if they got something for him. A dump would just be stupid. Besides, let’s not pretend he’s making millions. He’s making a prorated share of 900,000. 

Plus if they are ever going to win they will need competent relief pitchers.

2 minutes ago, weams said:

The Orioles had turned down several offers for Bleier until the return became what Elias wanted. It's not cash. It was a joke. A Bradford joke. 

The real question will be, what was the right price? And we will wait until October to find out

32 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I agree, if they got something for him. A dump would just be stupid. Besides, let’s not pretend he’s making millions. He’s making a prorated share of 900,000. 

Plus if they are ever going to win they will need competent relief pitchers.

Either they got something for him, or, if they got nothing, they can trade an equivalent nothing when they need his 2022 equivalent when they hope to be competitive.

48 minutes ago, Philip said:

Re: Bleier. If we won’t know the return until October, why continue to argue about it now? Instead let’s argue about the return we’re going to get for the next guy we trade?

We can even have a little raffle to attempt to determine who the next guy traded will be?

Iglesias. Cobb. Alberto.

5 minutes ago, weams said:

Nunez, Givens

I would be pretty surprised if they traded Nunez. He won't be a free agent until after the 2024 season. 

Obviously everybody is available at the right price, but I don't expect the Orioles to get an offer that blows them away for a DH.

33 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I would be pretty surprised if they traded Nunez. He won't be a free agent until after the 2024 season. 

Obviously everybody is available at the right price, but I don't expect the Orioles to get an offer that blows them away for a DH.

True. But he's real good. 

53 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Nunez leads the majors in "no-doubt" home runs this year with 5.   A no-doubt HR is one that would be out any of the major league ballparks based on where it was hit to.

• Upvote 1