Bundy in L.A.

bpilktree

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Always liked his approach.    I hope he has great success for the Angels.    I also hope a couple of the pitching prospects we got for him turn into something.     

Yes. He knows how to pitch. That will help him from time to time just because he gets how to make adjustments in game.  I hope he has success as well, the Angels are my dad’s team. 

I wish him well and I think a fresh start is what is best for him, but this headline overstates things a bit.

He was going to be a free agent after 2021, the Orioles are very unlikely to be competitive in 2020 or 2021, so a trade made the most sense.

Hopefully the Orioles get some production from the 4 guys they got for Bundy.

I do agree that this should be on the MLB forum (or even merged in the ex-Orioles thread on that forum), but I look forward to watching and followin Bundy this year.

14 hours ago, NedFromYork said:

I felt since the last injury that when he came back his focus was on a nice, relaxed, smooth repeatable delivery, top velocity and results be damned.  It always felt there was a whole lot more velocity there but he came to terms that the only way to stay healthy was a smooth, repeatable delivery and rely on command.

He always had a relaxed, smooth repeatable delivery and command.  If his arm and shoulder cooperated, I had him comped out with the likes of Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens. He knows how to pitch and has the arsenal to still be effective but lacks about 5-7 mph that he use to have that would put him up there with those guys. I feel bad for him because there probably isn’t very many guys out there that work harder than he does. 

15 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Complete game, 10k.

What is that, maybe only the 2nd 9 inning CG in the majors this year?  (Kyle Hendricks did it, I know).

Saw some of it (well, I had it on the screen with no sound while I listened to a book on CD, so I didn't actually pay too much attention.   But his command looked great when I did pay attention.   And he walked no one.