Bundy in L.A.

bpilktree

“With a 90-mph fastball and an arsenal full of junk, [these] aren’t the tools scouts in 2011 expected Bundy to be dominating with. But that’s the thing about baseball’s most outlandishly gifted players. Sometimes, they just find a way.”

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/you-can-dream-on-dylan-bundy-again/

I like the fact that they still describe him as “outlandishly gifted” despite the loss of velocity. The heater is not the only gift a pitcher can have, and Bundy has a lot of them.    

• 4 weeks later...

Bundy had three good outings (19.1 IP, 5 ER) following the last post in this thread, but had a bit of a stinker this Wednesday: 2.2 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 5 ER.    That raised his ERA to a still very good 3.12.    He’s got time to make two more starts before the season ends.    

So Bundy had a decent season of 11 starts for the Angels, but I don't think we gave away a TOR.  I'm still a fan of his and will be rooting for him for the years to come (my favorite O's pitcher since Mussina), but not too upset with the O's trading him away.  Hopefully the money saved will be put to good use and we get lucky with one or two of guys we got for him.

If he has an ERA around 4 and throws around 160-170IP next year,  wonder what type of contract he will get for 2022.  Maybe he will be reasonable and we can add him as a piece to developing good team for a 3ish year deal or something.  One can hope!