Kohl Stewart has opted out, Eshelman added to roster

MurphDogg

After this weekend, if a player has to come off the roster for any reason - injury, COVID, poor performance - I would like to see him replaced with a young player with potential for the future.  If Stewart or Mullins don't start to hit or Davis is unavailable, promote Mountcastle.  A starting pitcher goes down, Akin or Kremer.  And give Sisco more PT, especially against righties.  Those four guys have the most to gain from getting some MLB experience, at bats or innings.

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2020 at 6:55 PM, Aristotelian said:

Must be a tough choice. He is the type of guy that might not get another chance.

Agreed. He obviously needs to make the choice that he felt is best, but if I'm a major league GM, I've got to question whether he has the heart to be a good major league pitcher when he's getting a golden opportunity and choosing to walk away from it.

I know he's got stage one diabetes, and again, he's gotta do what he feels is best, but this can not help his standing within the organization no matter what they say publicly. 

The club and Hyde are saying all the right things though. Nice job by the organization in how they are handling this situation. 

Like everything in life, one man's concern becomes another man's opportunity. Tom Eshelman now gets an opportunity to get some major league innings and gets a chance to prove his statcast numbers wrong. Maybe he's the pitching version of Hanser Alberto? :D