I'm Ready for Mountcastle and Diaz: Mountcastle Up, Diaz Still Waiting

ChuckS

2 hours ago, calebelias said:

Mountcastle’s arrival is about Super 2 status. Period. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. He will be called up on the 17th or 18th. Book it.

...and the team will have lied to us and other members of the team, again, when they absolutely don't have to.

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Good move on his part.

This season will be good in some science experiment-y kind of ways.  You* always wonder what Home Run Baker's career would be like if he didn't randomly take two separate years off in mid career.  This year we get all kinds of players with gaps that are unrelated to baseball health/performance.

* By "you" of course I mean me, and probably just me.

6 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

...and the team will have lied to us and other members of the team, again, when they absolutely don't have to.

They have to lie. Kris Bryant lost because he couldn't prove the Cubs manipulated service time, even though everyone knew they did. If the team comes out and says it, there's the proof. 

13 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

This season will be good in some science experiment-y kind of ways.  You* always wonder what Home Run Baker's career would be like if he didn't randomly take two separate years off in mid career.  This year we get all kinds of players with gaps that are unrelated to baseball health/performance.

So my father, who you have met, worked with a guy at the hospital that took the time to write a Home Run Baker book and to have it published by a real company. it's fascinating. I have a signed copy. Not by Frank of course. By Barry. The author. 

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

What lie? They do kind of have to maintain silence/plausible deniability in case of potential legal issues.

If they say they are holding him back because of his defense when they are actually holding him back because they don't want him to become a super 2 that's lying. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Yea, that's not me.

I'd just look at what he did in the surrounding years and figure it would be more of the same.