BA's Eastern League Top 20 (you might not like this)

Lt Melmo

1 - Matt Wieters

2 - Chris Tillman

3 - Travis Snider

4 - Lars Anderson

5 - Jordan Zimmermann

6 - Carlos Carrasco

7 - Fernando Martinez

8 - J.P. Arincibia

9 - Daniel Bard

10 - Austin Jackson

11 - David Huff

12 - Jose Tabata

13 - Daniel Murphy

14 - Lou Marson

15 - Michael Bowden

16 - Wes Hodges

17 - Brett Cecil

18 - Jonathan Niese

19 - Pablo Sandoval

20 - Greg Golson

No Hernandez, no Reimold, no Bergesen. Piddle.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 - Matt Wieters

2 - Chris Tillman

3 - Travis Snider

4 - Lars Anderson

5 - Jordan Zimmermann

6 - Carlos Carrasco

7 - Fernando Martinez

8 - J.P. Arincibia

9 - Daniel Bard

10 - Austin Jackson

11 - David Huff

12 - Jose Tabata

13 - Daniel Murphy

14 - Lou Marson

15 - Michael Bowden

16 - Wes Hodges

17 - Brett Cecil

18 - Jonathan Niese

19 - Pablo Sandoval

20 - Greg Golson

That's a tough list to crack, but I'm impressed to see Tillman ranked 2nd. That's a good sign, as Snider and Anderson and the others are very highly considered prospects.

Thanks for the list... :)

1 - Matt Wieters

2 - Chris Tillman

3 - Travis Snider

4 - Lars Anderson

5 - Jordan Zimmermann

6 - Carlos Carrasco

7 - Fernando Martinez

8 - J.P. Arincibia

9 - Daniel Bard

10 - Austin Jackson

11 - David Huff

12 - Jose Tabata

13 - Daniel Murphy

14 - Lou Marson

15 - Michael Bowden

16 - Wes Hodges

17 - Brett Cecil

18 - Jonathan Niese

19 - Pablo Sandoval

20 - Greg Golson

Boy, if thats the list, then it's a joke!! Not just that Hernandez isn't on the list but the fact that you don't have the EL Pitcher of the Year. There is a couple of players on this list that are going on past rep. Lars Anderson(a great prospect) only played in a third of the season. Oh well, it's obvious that the managers see it a different way.

Boy, if thats the list, then it's a joke!! Not just that Hernandez isn't on the list but the fact that you don't have the EL Pitcher of the Year. There is a couple of players on this list that are going on past rep. Lars Anderson(a great prospect) only played in a third of the season. Oh well, it's obvious that the managers see it a different way.

It's obvious that it's not judged by what you did during the coarse of the year, but what status quo you are! Some these players just had a so-so year.

I'm pretty surprised Wilkin Ramirez, Jason Donald, and Scott Campbell aren't on the list.

But remember guys, the Eastern League is LOADED with good prospects. Though the Eastern League is probably ranked 2nd out of the 3 AA leagues. The Southern League is ridiculous

That's a tough list to crack, but I'm impressed to see Tillman ranked 2nd. That's a good sign, as Snider and Anderson and the others are very highly considered prospects.

Thanks for the list... :)

Agree about Tillman - excellent showing! I was right in my prediction on Wieters (#1 on both Carolina and Eastern Leagues). :)

Somewhat surprised that Bowie "only" had two on this list - but, it is a tough list to crack except I still am not sold on Golson. I know he is up with the Phils - but his numbers are not that impressive and eek! 130 ks this year at Reading!

I'm pretty surprised Wilkin Ramirez, Jason Donald, and Scott Campbell aren't on the list.

But remember guys, the Eastern League is LOADED with good prospects. Though the Eastern League is probably ranked 2nd out of the 3 AA leagues. The Southern League is ridiculous

Hmmm, Jason Donald's ommission is curious. He probably came in just after the top 20.

It's obvious that it's not judged by what you did during the coarse of the year, but what status quo you are! Some these players just had a so-so year.

Huh?

Anyway, is anyone else consistently amused by the name "Greg Golson"? Greg Golson. Gregg Olson. Greg Golson. Gregg Olson.

Eh, I don't have a huge problem with the list. I could see some other kids being included, but it looks okay. If the list is the top 20 prospects (and not performances) then I don't think Bergesen should be considered. Hernandez could be in the 17-20 range. Reimold maybe 22-25?

Neat that Tillman is #2. Wieters was an obvious #1.

That is indeed a very strong list of prospects.

However, for Golson to be on that list is a joke. Managers I guess are impressed with his athleticism and tools. Here are his K%, BB%, and power numbers (ISO) the past couple years:

06, A - 25.8.....4.6......113

06, A+ - 30.6...6.4.....208

07, A+ - 27.5...5.1.....165

07, AA - 31......1.3.....117

08, AA - 27.7....7.7.....152

I'm confident he will not hit at the MLB level and Reimold will be a more productive player.

Bard - he's had a great year, but he's a reliever. He's too high on the list.

Niese - he's too low on the list

I think Reimold should of squeeked in there, but yes, that is hard list to crack.

I love that this is a list that some of us are upset with even though we have the #1 and #2 spot.

Well, we knew we'd have the no. 1 spot. It's good to see Tillman at no.2.

The other 3 we were hoping for all have the potential to be good major league players, but they also have chinks in their armor. I'm disappointed they aren't on the list, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

I'm definitely a bit surprised.

My big :confused: was seeing Bard, a relief pitcher so high. I would easily have his teammate Bowden ahead of him.

The one thing that makes me less bothered is that this is the coaches' list, who generally have a fairly small sample size of the players, especially the pitchers. I'm much more interested in seeing BA's or BP's list.

I can easily see Bergesen not being on that list. He had a great season, but he's really not a great prospect.

I'm surprised at no Hernandez, but I'm guessing the fact that he's 23 and still struggles with his command might be a factor.

I'm guessing the only thing keeping Reimold off the list is age.

Archived