This team is fun to watch!

Explosivo

On 8/11/2020 at 4:41 PM, Moose Milligan said:

I think everyone here who's old enough to remember 1989 (I do, barely) wants another 1989 all over again.  A team that played over its head, got lucky, played great defense and was in it until the final weekend.

@DrungoHazewoodcan sum up that team better than I can, he's done a masterful job before.

I think the 83 team is my favorite all-time team.

I was really into the 96 team, and managed to be at game 3 at OPACY and was a let down and bad memory that was.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I do like the idea of jumping on the 0-0 (the Delmon Young special) but not sure about going out of the zone. Interesting. 

Alberto has definitely been doing his share to bump up our 0-0 and overall swing rates and it's certainly working for him. 

I wonder if Alterto's teammates have copied some of what he does.  He's certainly an unusual hitter.  What really got my attention last night was Arietta pitching around him... to get to the red-hot Santander - especially with Santander usually being a lefty hitter and Alberto a righty against the righty Arietta.  That tells me pitchers have a lot of respect for Hanser.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I wonder if Alterto's teammates have copied some of what he does.  He's certainly an unusual hitter.  What really got my attention last night was Arietta pitching around him... to get to the red-hot Santander - especially with Santander usually being a lefty hitter and Alberto a righty against the righty Arietta.  That tells me pitchers have a lot of respect for Hanser.  

Also, The Jake was never the sharpest tool in that shed. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I had the same thought when Alberto also walked on four pitches to lead off the 9th in the Wednesday game. Pitchers are adjusting and good to see he is adjusting back. Very nearly led to another insurance run but Santander lined it right to the 2B.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

Just bumping after another fun as #@$% win. Damn does this team fight like Liu Kang after his brother's soul was taken by a Sorcerer.

I don't know what that means but it sounds like a compliment!

We seem to make a ton of solid contact as a team and hit line drives all over the field.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Whether the Orioles are 96-66, 67-95, or 2-160, one this is for sure ......

I can't do without it ...... ain't no doubt about it ...... I can't do without their ...... sweet love.

o

This brought such a smile to my face!

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2020 at 5:20 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Whether the Orioles are 96-66, 67-95, or 2-160, one thing is for sure ......

I can't do without it ...... ain't no doubt about it ...... I can't do without their ...... sweet love.

o

o

The Orioles finished the 2020 season with a record of 25 Wins and 35 Losses ...... they were fun for me to watch, particularly when considering the fact that many had expected them to go somewhere between 15-45 and 20-40.

o

• Like 1