Should Eshelman replace LeBlanc in the rotation?

wildcard

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Not if  the O's are trying to win now.

But what evidence do we have that they are? None of Rutchsmann, Rodriguez, Hall, etc are close to mlb ready and Elias seems reluctant to call up guys who are ready before they get another year of arbitration. 

Not really a win now attitude.  And also replacing Leblanc with Eshelman doesn't scream win now either.  Rather they give him or Akin a shot in the rotation simply because they are younger and have a chance to be here when they are seriously contending. 

19 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

But what evidence do we have that they are? None of Rutchsmann, Rodriguez, Hall, etc are close to mlb ready and Elias seems reluctant to call up guys who are ready before they get another year of arbitration. 

Not really a win now attitude.  And also replacing Leblanc with Eshelman doesn't scream win now either.  Rather they give him or Akin a shot in the rotation simply because they are younger and have a chance to be here when they are seriously contending. 

I don’t understand why Mike is delaying the call-up of MLB ready players, and I am unsure whether he would actually damage our playoff prospects this season, But I certainly don’t think he’s going to make any promotions just because he wants to help the team win right now.

Edited by Philip

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t understand why Mike is delaying the call-up of MLB ready players, and I am unsure whether he would actually damage our playoff prospects this season, But I certainly don’t think he’s going to make any promotions just because he wants to help the team win right now.

Well I think its either service time or he wants to wait until the players are as ready as they can be for the mlb.  Honestly I think he doesn't care whether they win or lose as long as player development continues. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Buck ran some pretty questionable gloves out there in left and right field.  You don't need me to provide a list do you?

I don't disagree with your point but this is a flyball staff and I would like to see a good defense in the OF.

McKenna isn't that player but I would value the defense out there.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:01 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Buck ran some pretty questionable gloves out there in left and right field.  You don't need me to provide a list do you?

Yes, I know you want to argue every single thing.

You forgot they year they had the best defense in the AL. 

Buck ran out there what he had available. Sometimes, bench COF wasnt a plus defender, but they were not starters, and played there on a regular basis.

Manny, Hardy, Schoop and Davis made for a darn solid infield, and you are not stupid, and you are fully aware of that.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Yes, I know you want to argue every single thing.

You forgot they year they had the best defense in the AL. 

Buck ran out there what he had available. Sometimes, bench COF wasnt a plus defender, but they were not starters, and played there on a regular basis.

Manny, Hardy, Schoop and Davis made for a darn solid infield, and you are not stupid, and you are fully aware of that.

I think Buck favored offense over defense in the outfield.

45 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Buck favored offense over defense in the outfield.

I think they did both, pretty well, in those early years of Buck, they didnt win the most games in the AL for 5 years by the HR and stellar SP.

They had a crack defense, and shutdown pen to help out the SP staff, of course, scoring runs does win games, but you have to score more than the other guy.