No more argument to play Chris Davis

accinfo

38 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Because you dont have ADHD or ADD .... So I don't expect you to understand.

Let me see if I understand this correctly.  You're saying that if you have ADHD or ADD you shouldn't have to follow the well-established rules to use drugs for treating that condition in the context of a professional sport.  Right?

12 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I sometimes take 3 Advil's prior to golfing to ease my hand pain.  I believe this exceeds the proper recommended dose.  

Do you participate in a golfing organization that has an established drug testing procedure, bans certain dosages of Advil, and has defined penalties for taking one more Advil than is recommended?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Let me see if I understand this correctly.  You're saying that if you have ADHD or ADD you shouldn't have to follow the well-established rules to use drugs for treating that condition in the context of a professional sport.  Right?

Pretty sure you aren't qualified to question him if you don't have ADHD yourself Drungo.

#Gatekeeping

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

1) We don't know how much and how often he was taking the medication.  Is it OK with you if he was exceeding the proper dosage?

2) You will agree that it is important that the proper medication is taken in the proper manner?  Not only for the sake of competitive balance but for the player's safety.

1) How do you know this? Show me any evidence that he was accused of an overdose situation. Prescription doses change overtime due body resistance/tolerance,

2) Yes ..... Usually doses and frequency are controlled by the doctor and not the patient. How do you know whether Chris was taking it incorrectly? I have seen no evidence to that effect. A drug overdose is never a good thing. The long terms effects of these drugs are not really good. I can understand why a person might want to try to avoid taking it.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

1) How do you know this? Show me any evidence that he was accused of an overdose situation. Prescription doses change overtime due body resistance/tolerance,

2) Yes ..... Usually doses and frequency are controlled by the doctor and not the patient. How do you know whether Chris was taking it incorrectly? I have seen no evidence to that effect. A drug overdose is never a good thing. The long terms effects of these drugs are not really good. I can understand why a person might want to try to avoid taking it.

I don't know.  You don't know.  Notice I said "If"?  What we do know is he wasn't doing what he was supposed to as a stipulation of his employment.

Where did Davis get his drugs?  Do we know how he sourced them?  Did he have an active prescription but not a TUE?  I don't know.  I don't think we should assume either way.

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Do you participate in a golfing organization that has an established drug testing procedure, bans certain dosages of Advil, and has defined penalties for taking one more Advil than is recommended?

Ibuprofen is pain medication not crack! It would be like the PGA telling Phil Mickelson that he cant take Embrel for his chronic Arthritis!

Adderall is for a focus disorder. Big difference. Again, he took medication when he didn't have the exemption. I have an employee who works in sales remotely. She is required to contact 60 customers per day. If she is taking her Adderall she is easily able to complete her work in the allotted work day. When she doesn't take her medication she struggles to reach 50% of her required goal. She is all over the place mentally/emotionally when shes not taking it timely. The medication keeps her sharp, focused, and in the game.

There are other examples that I don't wish to share.

But, I assure you that if Chris truly has ADD/ADHD that he needs the medication....No different than a person who is Bipolar not taking theirs.

26 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

DOH!  No, no I do not.  

24 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

YGTBFKM! LOL

Advil. Mortin, and Ibuprofin are all the same medication. Davis was prescribed Adderall by his doctors and then switched to

Vyvase is the same medication as Adderall. The only difference is that its time released to diminish the highs and lows of the regular drug. Notice that Adderall is now available in a time released version.

AGAIN, Can you show me where he was accused of an overdose?

adhd_common_medications_table.jpg

25 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Pretty sure you aren't qualified to question him if you don't have ADHD yourself Drungo.

#Gatekeeping

How can relate to how you would feel if you dont have the disorder?

Its like trying to relate to a blind person while depending on your eyes. Try wearing a blindfold and do regular tasks around your house.

Davis has been diagnosed with ADHD by a medical doctor.

#CLUELESS

Just now, Roll Tide said:

YGTBFKM! LOL

Advil. Mortin, and Ibuprofin are all the same medication. Davis was prescribed Adderall by his doctors and then switched to

Vyvase is the same medication as Adderall. The only difference is that its time released to diminish the highs and lows of the regular drug. Notice that Adderall is now available in a time released version.

Its like trying to relate to a blind person while depending on your eyes. Try wearing a blindfold and do regular tasks around your house.

#CLUELESS

Once again, no one accused him of an overdose.  That is just something you are making up.

Secondly, yea, gatekeeping.  To suggest that folks can only relate to things they have personally experienced is ridiculous. 

26 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

YGTBFKM! LOL

#CLUELESS

I have no first hand knowledge of Davis' condition or his medical requirements.  All I know is that he apparently needs a medicine to function, that medicine is on a banned list by MLB and requires an exemption, and he didn't follow the process to get that. That's his fault, unless someone can come up with a set of unusual and heretofore undocumented externalities that made it impossible for him to do that.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why not just find a doctor that will prescribe you what you want?  

You are all right.

RollTide is right that Davis has been diagnosed adhd and was prescribed the drug.

sportsfan is right that people can find a doctor that will prescribe what they want.  I would imagine rich people especially would not have much difficulty with that.  That is probably why MLB allows and requires players to get an exemption if they have a medical condition for which the prescription of a listed drug is the treatment.  I would assume that part of the process in getting an exemption is a review of the medicals to be sure that the diagnosis and  prescription are valid.

Corn and Drungo are right in that Davis and/or his agent failed to properly file for the exemption on at least 2 occasions.  It must be done, or you don't get the exemption.  Without the exemption, the drug test will be failed, even if you are taking the proper drug and dosage to treat your condition.  The suspensions were warranted, under the rules.  To my mind, it seems that staying on top of things like this is what you are paying your agent for.  I think Davis' agent is Boras.

So you are all right.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Honestly, I have no problem with Chris or his professionalism

Between you and me, I wouldn't want Sosa encouraging players to use PEDS. Which is the main reason his career was so successful.

I think Adderall and the other ADD/ADHD stuff has prematurely diminished Chris' reaction time.

He certainly could assist Mountcastle and Nunez with their defense at 1B.

Have you watched him play first base?

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know.  You don't know.  Notice I said "If"?  What we do know is he wasn't doing what he was supposed to as a stipulation of his employment.

Where did Davis get his drugs?  Do we know how he sourced them?  Did he have an active prescription but not a TUE?  I don't know.  I don't think we should assume either way.

We know the violations were based on the fact that he/his representative did not file timely for his exception. You can go back an look at what i posted earlier. He got caught taking it without the exemption.

I believe Chris started having side effects and tried to get bye with the drug and then figured out that he couldn't.

What Are The Long-Term Effects of Heavy Adderall Use?

People who abuse a great deal of Adderall over a long period of time may experience:

• Sleep difficulties
  • Inability to concentrate
  • Lack of motivation
  • Depression
  • Irritability
  • Lethargy
  • Fatigue
  • Aggression
  • Thoughts of suicide
  • Mood swings
  • Paranoia
  • Hallucinations
  • Anxiety
  • Panic attacks
  • Heart disease
  • Weight loss
  • Headaches
  • Tremors
  • Constipation

Would you be concerned about these side effects long term ?