Baseball Savant Loves Santander's Whole Game

interloper

Every single metric rates as good to great except for his sprint speed which is average. But look at these defensive metrics:

Outfielder Jump: 93!
Outs Above Average: 95?!

I expect these to even out with more games, but damn. I didn't not expect Santander to be that solid of a corner outfielder defensively. And we know he also has a good arm. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/anthony-santander-623993?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Hate these clickbait titles.  Would it kill you to say, "Except for Sprint Speed, Baseball Savant Loves Santander's Whole Game."?

If that had been the title I wouldn't have bothered clicking as I was only curious how they could have loved his sprint speed.

Lol. 

17 minutes ago, interloper said:

Every single metric rates as good to great except for his sprint speed which is average. But look at these defensive metrics:

Outfielder Jump: 93!
Outs Above Average: 95?!

I expect these to even out with more games, but damn. I didn't not expect Santander to be that solid of a corner outfielder defensively. And we know he also has a good arm. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/anthony-santander-623993?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

What is MLB average on those two stats?

edit: it’s in the article so I can see for myself.

Edited by Philip

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you think this is real this is the kind of guy you extend.

Yes agreed. Depends what you think of him. IIRC Luke said he was obviously the best player on the field watching his minor league team that had I think Hays and Mountcastle (my memory could be off), so it’s not like this is totally crazy. 

17 minutes ago, makoman said:

Yes agreed. Depends what you think of him. IIRC Luke said he was obviously the best player on the field watching his minor league team that had I think Hays and Mountcastle (my memory could be off), so it’s not like this is totally crazy. 

That’s possible, but then there’s the timeline, and the guys behind him, if Mountcastle is going to play left field, where is Diaz going to play?

I’m not saying he should be traded, It is certainly a defensible move

20 minutes ago, Philip said:

That’s possible, but then there’s the timeline, and the guys behind him, if Mountcastle is going to play left field, where is Diaz going to play?

I’m not saying he should be traded, It is certainly a defensible move

True, and if we have an excess of anything it’s probably outfielders so that’s what you want to deal (although all of ours our still uncertain). As always it just depends on if you can get what you perceive is good value.