O’s(good guys) vs Mets (Meh) 9-9

HowAboutThat

Just now, Philip said:

This is why I hate celebrity blather during the game.we are here to watch a game, and not watch an interview. Palmer is forcing game play into a corner and the guys are talking as if Palmer is more important than game play.

So I have the radio guys on and they are enthusiastic and engaging.

Mets Network does the same thing .

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

This is why I hate celebrity blather during the game.we are here to watch a game, and not watch an interview. Palmer is forcing game play into a corner and the guys are talking as if Palmer is more important than game play.

So I have the radio guys on and they are enthusiastic and engaging.

Man it's Jim freaking Palmer! You put him down as a "celebrity" and call it blather? :ohlord:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Mets Network does the same thing .

Yeah and it’s stupid when the Mets do it, too. It is an implication that the game itself isn’t interesting enough.  Can you imagine such a thing during an NBA game?

But the radio guys don’t. Greg Olson just walked into the radio booth( and he sounds like he’s asleep) but because it’s radio, they have to keep the game play in the forefront.

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Man it's Jim freaking Palmer! You put him down as a "celebrity" and call it blather? :ohlord:

Do you want to watch a baseball game, or listen to Palmer remind you that he never gave up a grand slam?

Interview him before or after the game, or in between innings, but not while the game is going on.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yeah and it’s stupid when the Mets do it, too. It is an implication that the game itself isn’t interesting enough.  Can you imagine such a thing during an NBA game?

But the radio guys don’t. Greg Olson just walked into the radio booth( and he sounds like he’s asleep) but because it’s radio, they have to keep the game play in the forefront.

I heard speculation that some TV Baseball execs would like to mike-up pitchers (and interview)................As they are on the mound .

Edited by HOF19