Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Does Wade Miley belong here? Stunk for the O's for two seasons and is now 14-6 with 3.91 ERA in 32 starts / 163.33 innings for the Astros.

Absolutely. Been a great career turn around for the guy despite his recent struggles. If you told me he'd have those number post-Orioles I'd have laughed in your face. If you told me it was done as an Astro, I would have said, "well there you go". 

Good for him. 

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

Does Wade Miley belong here? Stunk for the O's for two seasons and is now 14-6 with 3.91 ERA in 32 starts / 163.33 innings for the Astros.

Wade is a head case, he thinks too much.

When he was here, one of the ex-oriole pitchers (Think it was Scotty) said he had the best stuff on the entire staff, but thought too much.

Too him to go out and trust his stuff and his team, and he went and threw a 12KO gem, and a couple of more good games, and then he would blow up again.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Absolutely. Been a great career turn around for the guy despite his recent struggles. If you told me he'd have those number post-Orioles I'd have laughed in your face. If you told me it was done as an Astro, I would have said, "well there you go". 

Good for him. 

We thought Bud was though too, and he went out and had what 4 or 5 more MLB seasons???

16 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Wade is a head case, he thinks too much.

When he was here, one of the ex-oriole pitchers (Think it was Scotty) said he had the best stuff on the entire staff, but thought too much.

Too him to go out and trust his stuff and his team, and he went and threw a 12KO gem, and a couple of more good games, and then he would blow up again.

I remember Dave Johnson reporting this about Wade Miley. He was in agreement with Scotty. Stop thinking so much on the mound and trust your arm. His September stats are off the charts bad. In addition to 3.82 WHIP his ERA is 22.09. 

I don't think Miley makes the Astros postseason roster. 

Henry Urrutia has split the year between Tijuana and Saltillo in the Mexican League.  He's having an okay season, slashing .370/.427/.673, good for a 1.100 OPS, with 33 homers and 100 RBI in 110 games.  He now has a .356 career batting average between the Cuban League and the Mexican summer league.

Also Felix Pie is playing for Leon in Mexico, hitting .381/.466/.665, 1.131 OPS and 22 homers in 93 games.

Alejandro DeAza is hitting .346 for the New Britain Bees in the Atlantic League.  Joey Terdoslavich, Jimmy Paredes, Steve Lombardozzi, David Washington, Ashur Tolliver, Alec Asher, and Pedro Beato (pitched for Aberdeen as early as 2006!) are also in the Atlantic League.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Alejandro DeAza is hitting .346 for the New Britain Bees in the Atlantic League.  Joey Terdoslavich, Jimmy Paredes, Steve Lombardozzi, David Washington, Ashur Tolliver, Alec Asher, and Pedro Beato (pitched for Aberdeen as early as 2006!) are also in the Atlantic League.

Brian Matusz, Dan Schlereth, Jed Bradley, Cesar Cabral, Mike Ohlman, Alexi Casilla, Mat Latos, and Merrill Kelly are in the Atlantic League too. I think I recall all of them as former O’s too.

21 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Brian Matusz, Dan Schlereth, Jed Bradley, Cesar Cabral, Mike Ohlman, Alexi Casilla, Mat Latos, and Merrill Kelly are in the Atlantic League too. I think I recall all of them as former O’s too.

Those are some good pulls. Schlereth pitched 11 innings for Norfolk in 2013.  Jed Bradley spent 12 innings in the O's system in 2017.  Mike Ohlman got as high as the BaySox in 2014.  Mat Latos... I know we talked about him a lot but I'm not sure he ever suited up for the O's, maybe in spring training?  And I've never heard of Merrill Kelly, although he had a pretty good career in Korea from 2015-18.

5 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Is a 3.82 September WHIP (WHIP, not ERA) bad?

Compared to his August 0.968 in five starts (3-0), I'd say Yes.

Every month has been good except September. MLB.com Astros beat reporter tagged his start today as his audition for the playoffs.

I’m going to sound like a sour puss here, but for years there has been a thread tracking ex-Orioles over in the MLB forum.    This thread is kind of redundant, but I understood it was set up specifically to track the guys we traded at last year’s deadline.    Now it’s just turned into a thread about all ex-Orioles.    To me, it should be merged with the other thread and put in the MLB forum where it’s always been.

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m going to sound like a sour puss here, but for years there has been a thread tracking ex-Orioles over in the MLB forum.    This thread is kind of redundant, but I understood it was set up specifically to track the guys we traded at last year’s deadline.    Now it’s just turned into a thread about all ex-Orioles.    To me, it should be merged with the other thread and put in the MLB forum where it’s always been.

That's why I asked when I first posted about Miley. Wasn't sure where to go, but now I know. Thanks.