9-22 The Bosox welcome the Os

HowAboutThat

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Biggest concern for let’s say the next 1/2 years is the Infield maybe minus 1B and the rotation. At least with the rotation we can give some opportunities the next couple of years to arms I look forward to seeing. 

The rotation  is full of question marks, but that's largely because there are lots of encouraging possibilities -- some of them not quite ready.

For the next couple of years, I'm OK with Iglesias at SS and Alberto at 2B. I think upgrading 3B is the biggest priority. If we can find a quality 2Bman, Alberto could be the short-term 3Bman.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

My attitude is we have to assume Trey will not be his normal self next year.    I hope that assumption will prove wrong, but Trey has his work cut out for him.    I just want him to be cancer-free; anything else is gravy.   

This is a good way to look at it. I think I have been seeing things through rose-colored glasses. We've seen enough dramatic rebounds that sometimes we forget the real-life possibilities. I've been a really big Trey guy since I was watching his early MiLB highlights on youtube.

11 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

The rotation  is full of question marks, but that's largely because there are lots of encouraging possibilities -- some of them not quite ready.

For the next couple of years, I'm OK with Iglesias at SS and Alberto at 2B. I think upgrading 3B is the biggest priority. If we can find a quality 2Bman, Alberto could be the short-term 3Bman.

Agree about rotation. Looking forward to seeing some guys get a shot. 

I am concerned about the Infield. Next couple of years we can get by but we lack prospects at higher levels. Maybe the draft picks work out. Obviously can trade for help there. Was looking forward to Adam Hall see play this year.