Potential bidders lining up, no indication ownership willing to sell

eddie83

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just remember, things can always get worse.

Remember not too long ago when folks were excited the sons were taking over?

Well the sons are better than dad..they aren’t good but they are better.

And I’m not sure it can get worse but I do get your point.

• Upvote 2

Just now, NJOriolesFan said:

A combined group of Cal Ripken Jr, Steve Bisciotti and Kevin Plank would be fantastic.

Not that Elias should make or break a sale, but I do hope any new owner appreciates what he's bringing to the table for this franchise. He should be given the chance to see this rebuild through, IMO.

I only mention that because I'm not sure Cal sees things the same way. I really don't want him to be part of ownership based on my impressions of his old school approaches. I could definitely be wrong on that, but it's my read on him.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’ll take Bisciotti and have him run things like he does the Ravens.  

Hard pass. I don't want to see the Orioles take a hard turn into politics anymore than they have.

Bisciotti has allowed political ideology to be significant part of the Ravens' organization public persona. Whether I agree with his political stance or not, I do not want Bisciotti anywhere near the Orioles organization. 

Now I don't want this is turn political so there is no reason to talk about what the Ravens have done, but my preference would be to have an owner that is solely focused on providing the funding to make the Orioles a first class competitive baseball franchise once again! 

Regardless, if the Orioles ownership is preparing to sell the team, then we can forget about any kind of offseason pick ups this year (which I was not counting on anyways).

• Upvote 3