Jose Iglesias traded to Angels.

LookinUp

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just saying at the very least they saved 500K.

Got duped ...my bad 

Stallings looks like a decent prospect 

None of Stallings' offerings jump off the page, but he has a legitimate four-pitch mix. His fastball will top out at 93 mph and more often comes in at 88-91 mph, but he commands the pitch very well and throws it with a ton of sink. His changeup, which has similar movement, plays off it nicely and he sells it well. His curve got better during his junior year and he also has a slider/cutter at his disposal.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Got duped ...my bad 

Stallings looks like a decent prospect 

He works at 88-91 MPH and was a fifth round pick that hasn't pitched in a game as a professional.

That doesn't scream decent prospect to me.

Now maybe he can turn into something, but this looks like a salary dump.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, murph said:

I still wonder If they are getting ready to sell the team (and trying to rebuild at the same time). 

I don't think Iglesias on the books makes any difference at all to potential buyers.

If anything saving 500K sounds like the team isn't getting sold.

These are the same folks that, according to reports, let two coaches go for making too much money.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He works at 88-91 MPH and was a fifth round pick that hasn't pitched in a game as a professional.

That doesn't scream decent prospect to me.

Now maybe he can turn into something, but this looks like a salary dump.

He was drafted in 2019 and the minors were shut down in 2020 due to COVID. He was rated 21 in their system ....Pinto is a lottery ticket that had 19 Ks in 12 innings in the DSL.

I wonder if Stallings makes our top 30.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Iglesias on the books makes any difference at all to potential buyers.

If anything saving 500K sounds like the team isn't getting sold.

These are the same folks that, according to reports, let two coaches go for making too much money.

Wouldn’t you want locked expenses at a bare minimum.  The buyer only wants the assets, right?   Honestly above my pay grade but just seems like a possibility.  But yea, unlikely.