Choose one

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Not a close call for me.   Keep Cruz, let Davis walk.   

Per Fangraphs, Cruz was worth $125.7 mm in his four years with the Mariners, at a cost of $57 mm.  Surplus = $68.7 mm

Davis has been worth -$19.1 mm at a cost of $90.5 mm.  Deficit = $109.6 mm so far.   Two more years to add to that deficit.

And, we wouldn’t need to hear about it every damned day.  

Case closed. 

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I take yellow, because that would have had positive ramifications for several years, whereas blue, which is second place, maybe gets us past KC (maybe, as w were swept) and maybe gives us a chance against the Giants in the WS.  Yellow for me.

As moronic as the Britton decision was, that team wasn’t all that great, so they don’t go far anyway.

Manny could have made a huge difference.  Who knows?  McLouth homer could change the series but they still would have likely lost in the playoffs and probably that series.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Probably.  But I like to think that if they don't re-sign Davis they extend Manny.  

I know that's not realistic though.

PA extended players he liked.  

I tend to doubt he liked Manny.  I certainly think it’s very fair to say he isn’t the type of player to give a franchise defining contract to.

The answer is so obvious that “yellow” shouldn’t even have been an option.

BTW when I first saw this I initially thought the first option was “Nate’s HAIR is called Fair.” And I was, like,”well duh. Of COURSE it’s fair. He’s Blonde.”

If we subtract the no-brainer answer, Nate’s home run would be my choice. 
in 2014, even without Manny, we won 96 games, and the Royals were so lucky that I’m not sure a phalanx of archangels could have beaten them.

In 2016, we were enjoying a dead cat bounce,  and even if we’d pulled off the WC game, it’s doubtful we’d have gone any farther.

But in 2012, we had a great team, we were on the rise, and the Yankees had serious problems. I’m not sure we’d have gone on to win that game 5, but golly, that would have been one of the all time sweet memories, regardless of what happened next.

Edited by Philip

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Would you say the Padres did or does the presence of Tatis change the dynamic?

I think it was more worth to SD because of their farm system.  They are going to have elite talent making very little money for a while. That helps when you have these types of deals.

That being said, I don't think the length of the deal is good for anyone.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think it was more worth to SD because of their farm system.  They are going to have elite talent making very little money for a while. That helps when you have these types of deals.

That being said, I don't think the length of the deal is good for anyone.

It's good for Manny.

• Haha 1