New shortstop option

ofan239

I saw the Padres were making a serious run at Ha Seong Kim . If that is the case I wonder if they would consider trading Jake Cronenworth who I would think would make an excellent addition to our team. He played shortsop and second base and if they get Ha Seong Kim I would think he would be their be their second baseman with shortstop and  third base already filled with Machado and Fernando Tatis . If available what would it take to get him . I would think the Os could get him at a reasonable price .354 on base percentage last year . Put him at short . But could also cover other infield spots as well . Thoughts ? I am just looking at other options besides others such as Freddy Galvis .

51 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What do you like about him?    It’s Adrianza, BTW.    But I’d literally never heard of him until you brought him up.   

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/adriaeh01.shtml

I don't think he is has good as Galvis.   But looks like a good fielder in his highlights on MLB.  Can play SS, 3B, or 2B.    He hits about as well as Galvis, Sanchez or Ruiz.  And the O's can probably sign him for 1.5m.    The problem is his history shows some injuries.   Like Galvis he is 31.  

I hope Elias gets Galvis but if he does want to come to Baltimore or he wants too much money, I see Adrianza as a decent defensive fall back player.  I think the combination of Adrianza and Sanchez can cover SS in 2021 if that is the best the Elias can find.

Martin needs to go to AAA to show he can hit.   I don't like Robertson.  Rays tried him at SS and he failed.

I am not hard over for him.  Would be glad if someone came up with someone better.  But I have not seen it yet.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I don't think he is has good as Galvis.   But looks like a good fielder in his highlights on MLB.  Can play SS, 3B, or 2B.    He hits about as well as Galvis, Sanchez or Ruiz.  And the O's can probably sign him for 1.5m.    The problem is his history shows some injuries.   Like Galvis he is 31.  

I hope Elias gets Galvis but if he does want to come to Baltimore or he wants too much money, I see Adrianza as a decent defensive fall back player.  I think the combination of Adrianza and Sanchez can cover SS in 2021 if that is the best the Elias can find.

Martin needs to go to AAA to show he can hit.   I don't like Robertson.  Rays tried him at SS and he failed.

I am not hard over for him.  Would be glad if someone came up with someone better.  But I have not seen it yet.

I think it's a great idea to judge his defense based on his MLB highlights.

In other news I was just looking at Stevie Wilkerson's MLB highlights and what a center fielder!

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it's a great idea to judge his defense based on his MLB highlights.

In other news I was just looking at Stevie Wilkerson's MLB highlights and what a center fielder!

I look for range, arm strength and good hands.   His career fielding percentage in the majors is over 970 at all three positions.  Instead of just making a smart... comment.  Evaluate his defense and say something brilliant.

Just now, wildcard said:

I look for range, arm strength and good hands.   His career fielding percentage in the majors is over 790 at all three positions.  Instead of just making a smart... comment.  Evaluate his defense and say something brilliant.

My brilliant comment would be that looking at his fielding percentage is about as useful as looking at his highlight reel.

26 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I look for range, arm strength and good hands.   His career fielding percentage in the majors is over 790 at all three positions.  Instead of just making a smart... comment.  Evaluate his defense and say something brilliant.

My comment (far more brilliant than Can_of_corn’s) is that a fielding percentage over .790 isn’t exactly impressive!

• Haha 1