January 2021 Predict the 26-man roster

Tony-OH

If nothing changes, Orioles pitchers and catchers are due to report February 16 and with things being as they are with the Orioles, it's doubtful they add any significant pieces before opening day. Obviously that could change with potential waiver wire transactions, signing of a minor league free agent or the Orioles trading away someone like Santander, Cobb or Mancini before the season starts.

Either way, without much to discuss, why not run an exercise where we will try and predict the Orioles opening day 26-man roster (Note: It hasn't even been announced yet whether that number will be 26 or not this year yet).

I'll do it by position by who I think will be starters.

(13)
1B: Trey Mancini
2B: Ramon Urias
SS: Yolmer Sanchez
3B: Rio Ruiz
LF: Ryan Mountcastle
CF: Austin Hays
RF: Anthony Santander
C Pedro Severino
DH: DJ Stewart
UTL: Pat Valaika
OF: Cedric Mullins
C : Chance Sisco
Bench: Chris Davis (though I think they will try to DL him after it steps into the Ubaldo pothole)

(13)
SP: Means
SP: Cobb:
SP: Akins
SP: Kremer
SP: Zimmermann
RP: Cesar Valdez
RP: Hunter Harvey (assuming he doesn't spontaneously combust)
RP: Armstrong
RP: Scott
RP: Lopez
RP: Max Sceroler
RP: Lakins
RP: Fry

• Upvote 2

1B:  Mancini;  2B:  Villar;  SS: Galvis;  3B: Sanchez:  LF: Mountcastle;  CF: Mullins;  RF: Santander;  Catcher: Severino;  DH: Stewart; Bench: Hays, Davis, Sisco Alberto

Mean, Cobb, Kremer, Akin; Tommy Milone

Closer: Armstrong;  Setup: Scott and Harvey;  Tate, Valdez, Fry  Long Reliever: Tyler Wells and Mac Sceroler

Comments:  Villar and Galvis are signed to be traded at the deadline for prospects;   Alberto signed to a minor league contract and is platooned at 3rd;  Milone is signed to a minor league contract. 

Hays plays all three outfield positions and is listed on the bench because Mullins plays more CF than he does.

Tyler Wells and Sceroler are kept because what they can do for the O's in 2022 and beyond.  Accumulation of talent in a losing season.

Goudeau and Lopez are DFA'd and outrighted to AAA;     Ruiz, Valaika, Sulser and Lakins are optioned.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, catjuggler said:

No Tate?

He has an option left and I think they'll want to look at Lopez over him, but I could see him making the team over Sulser. I'm real high on Sulser but then again, i could say that about a lot of the current arms in the bullpen. :D

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

If nothing changes, Orioles pitchers and catchers are due to report February 16 and with things being as they are with the Orioles, it's doubtful they add any significant pieces before opening day. Obviously that could change with potential waiver wire transactions, signing of a minor league free agent or the Orioles trading away someone like Santander, Cobb or Mancini before the season starts.

Either way, without much to discuss, why not run an exercise where we will try and predict the Orioles opening day 26-man roster (Note: It hasn't even been announced yet whether that number will be 26 or not this year yet).

(13)
C Pedro Severino
Bench: Chris Davis (though I think they will try to DL him after it steps into the Ubaldo pothole)

(13)

I think they will sign someone like Galvis or Villar, but until then, here is my prediction:

C Severino

1B Mancini

2B Valaika

SS Sanchez

3B Ruiz

LF Mountcastle

CF Hays

RF Santander

DH Stewart

Urias

Sisco

Davis

Mullins

Means

Cobb

Akin

Kremer

Zimmermann

Fry

Scott

Tate

Harvey

Valdez

Armstrong

Screoler

Lopez

Obviously, a very uninspiring team.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if they could actually sit Davis down and say, “look. You’re on the team. But you’re not gonna play. We’re going to ignore you in press conferences And if anybody asks we’re going to say that you’re on the team, and that is that. We will use you in an emergency situation and aside from that your spot is just a black hole. Now get out of this office.”

1B Mancini 

2B Sanchez

SS Martin - now- Galvis is guess

3B Ruiz

DH Stewart 

LF Mountcastle 

CF Hays

RF Santander 

C Severino 

Bench C Sisco, OF Mullins, UT Valaika, Davis- hope I’m wrong 

Rotation

Means

Cobb

Kremer

Akin 

Zimmeman. I do think they add a vet here 50/50 Zimmerman sticks 

Bullpen

Scott

Harvey

Tate

Armstrong

Fry

Valdez 

Lakins

Sceroler 

Lopez is odd man out  

Roster prediction( posted after Galvis was signed)

C Severino/Sisco

1B Mancini/ Davis

2B Sanchez

3B Valaika or TBA

SS Galvis

Urias 

LF Mountcastle( and God have mercy on our souls!)

CF Hays

RF Santander

Stewart/Mullins/

SP Means

SP Cobb

SP Kremer

SP Akin

SP TBA

PEN

Armstrong

Fry

Harvey

Lakins

Scott

Lopez

Valdez 

Sceroler

No dedicated DH, lots of infield arrangements possible, 8-man pen.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:32 PM, Tony-OH said:

(13)
C Pedro Severino

(13)

Thanks. Will do.

Family member ( Mets fan) shared thoughts today that presently there is a very active conversation going on in the Mets message board if the NL has no DH this season Mets have a big....big problem 2 first basemen ( Dom Smith .316 AVG....... 10 HR....42 RBI ......616 SLG IN 50 games in 2020) and Pete Alonzo.......And NO Left Fielders........I checked it out and there are quite a few trade scenarios being tossed about so my family member wondered is a package involving Trey Mancini and either Dom Smith (25yrs old) or Alonzo(26 yrs old )could be figured out ........Possible ???????

Edited by HOF19

C- Severino, Cisco

1B-Mancini, Davis

2B - Sanchez

SS - Galvis

3B - Urias

Util - Valaika, Bannon

OF - Mullins, Hays, Mountcastle, Stewart

SP - Means, Cobb, Kremer, Akin, Baumann

RP - Tate, Harvey, Scott, Fry, Armstrong, Valdez, Sulser, Tyler Wells

Santander is traded, Ruiz is cut

C- Severino, Cisco

1B-Mancini, Davis

2B - Sanchez

SS - Galvis

3B - Urias

Util - Valaika, Bannon

OF - Mullins, Hays, Mountcastle, Stewart

SP - Means, Cobb, Kremer, Akin, Baumann

RP - Tate, Harvey, Scott, Fry, Armstrong, Valdez, Sulser, Tyler Wells

Santander is traded, Ruiz is cut

5 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Family member ( Mets fan) shared thoughts today that presently there is a very active conversation going on in the Mets message board if the NL has no DH this season Mets have a big....big problem 2 first basemen ( Dom Smith .316 AVG....... 10 HR....42 RBI ......616 SLG IN 50 games in 2020) and Pete Alonzo.......And NO Left Fielders........I checked it out and there are quite a few trade scenarios being tossed about so my family member wondered is a package involving Trey Mancini and either Dom Smith (25yrs old) or Alonzo(26 yrs old )could be figured out ........Possible ???????

And if this could happen please do not tell me having Davis blocks a chance at getting Smith or Alonzo (note their ages )

Edited by HOF19