Davis is making changes!

Sports Guy

Why the secrecy about Davis? Hyde just gives these uncomfortably short answers about him whenever a reporter asks. Roch has referred to it as a strain, but I'm not sure why no one has outright asked if the injury is more serious, like a herniated disc. Or why, if the 60-day IL is a possibility, they won't just come out and describe the injury.

Bizarre, as usual, when it's involving CD. 

6 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

My completely uninformed guess is that the team has Davis’ contract insured to some degree, which would explain their not just releasing him previously, and why they are being dodgy about his current “injury”. But again, I know nothing. 

From what I have learned in here, when I mentioned insured. Most contracts are no ensured anymore, or just partially, due to the crazy high prices that the insurances companies set their rates on. That was after getting hammered by the likes of Albert Belle and others, a few years ago.

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

Why the secrecy about Davis? Hyde just gives these uncomfortably short answers about him whenever a reporter asks. Roch has referred to it as a strain, but I'm not sure why no one has outright asked if the injury is more serious, like a herniated disc. Or why, if the 60-day IL is a possibility, they won't just come out and describe the injury.

Bizarre, as usual, when it's involving CD. 

I agree, it's a bit weird.  Then again, I'm not sure why reporters are asking any questions about him.  There's so much else to focus on and talk about instead of Chris Davis.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree, it's a bit weird.  Then again, I'm not sure why reporters are asking any questions about him.  There's so much else to focus on and talk about instead of Chris Davis.  

I think they ask about him because of the secrecy. If they had come out and said "he's gonna be out for 3-4 weeks and we'll re-evaluate from there", that would have been it. Instead they said "he's getting treatment every day, no updates". I almost detect an undercurrent of shade from Hyde about Davis, like, "wish I knew, he's not playing, sorta seems like he's slacking/faking doesn't it?" 

43 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They ask questions because it's relevant.   We clearly have some non-roster guys who will likely make the Opening Day roster.   One way to free up spots on the 40 man is to put someone on the 60 day DL.   Which you are not allowed to do unless they have an injury with a prognosis that is that long.   So questions about his situation are very relevant.