Gunnar Henderson 2021

Just Regular

Westburg's my Schoop guy as I watch and hope for Gunnar to go as far along the Schoop-Machado spectrum as he can.   

Based on Elias' quotes, I think he finishes this Lynchburg series (2-0 Delmarva so far) and debuts for Aberdeen Tuesday, at which point maybe the rabbit to chase becomes "Can he be up next July like Manny was" back in 2012?  

I feel even more so than Grayson that Gunnar fits the bill when Elias would volunteer "high profile" earlier this week.   Fingers crossed for both, and Westburg three though "high profile" getting shaky there in my book.

Hit his 7th home run to left-center on a high fastball and then turned on a fastball and just missed a home run to RF in his next AB for his 7th double. 

I think we'll see Henderson get the promotion to Aberdeen in the 2nd half of the season which would put him at Bowie to start 2022 at 20-years old. Westburg was promoted to Aberdeen and Ortiz to Bowie as they are three primary SS plays right now.

17 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Hit his 7th home run to left-center on a high fastball and then turned on a fastball and just missed a home run to RF in his next AB for his 7th double. 

I think we'll see Henderson get the promotion to Aberdeen in the 2nd half of the season which would put him at Bowie to start 2022 at 20-years old. Westburg was promoted to Aberdeen and Ortiz to Bowie as they are three primary SS plays right now.

Gotta like the strategy of drafting shortstops and up the middle talent.  Suddenly it seems we've got a stockpile of good SS talent...either they can start playing those guys elsewhere or use them in trades.  But Henderson at 3rd, Westburg at SS and Ortiz at 2nd...that's enticing.  

Henderson does appear to be the burgeoning crown jewel of the system behind AR though.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gotta like the strategy of drafting shortstops and up the middle talent.  Suddenly it seems we've got a stockpile of good SS talent...either they can start playing those guys elsewhere or use them in trades.  But Henderson at 3rd, Westburg at SS and Ortiz at 2nd...that's enticing.  

Henderson does appear to be the burgeoning crown jewel of the system behind AR though.  

That is the default strategy for all teams, particurly when dealing with HS players.  If a guy with a draftable bat in HS can't stick up the middle of his HS team odds are good he'll be bat only as he ages.