Interesting Cuts

Bahama O's Fan

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yankees are getting Odor thus insuring he becomes a good player again.

Where are they gonna put him?  I guess as a backup INF he's alright but they've got LeMahieu at 2nd, Gleyber at SS.  Urshela at 3rd.  Odor doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless he's a backup infielder which, at this point in his career, he just might be.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Where are they gonna put him?  I guess as a backup INF he's alright but they've got LeMahieu at 2nd, Gleyber at SS.  Urshela at 3rd.  Odor doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless he's a backup infielder which, at this point in his career, he just might be.

My guess is they move him all around.  I think they just see an opportunity at grabbing a young guy who has shown promise and they are basically getting him for free...so, why not take a shot?

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

My guess is they move him all around.  I think they just see an opportunity at grabbing a young guy who has shown promise and they are basically getting him for free...so, why not take a shot?

I agree, he stands to be a good pickup for them.  Will be interesting to see what they do with him.  

53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

DJ to 1B when Odor plays 2B maybe...

• Upvote 1

Odor is not good.  Anything that adds a not good player to the Yankees and costs them another player dropped from their 40 man roster and 2 minor league prospects is good.  I'm shocked that the Rangers actually got anything for him.  And, I'm sure that they are paying a big chunk of his salary.

From a MLBTradeRumors.com chat today:

Rio Ruiz
2:40
Am I really a better option then Roughned Odor at 2nd base?

Steve Adams
2:40
I think so
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Thairo Estrada??

Thought this myself. Ultimately, his poor minor league OBP has me kind of meh on him. But he's a young SS/2B and we seem to need all of those we can get. I don't know if Elias would DFA someone to claim him though.

On 4/6/2021 at 3:24 PM, NCRaven said:

Odor is not good.  Anything that adds a not good player to the Yankees and costs them another player dropped from their 40 man roster and 2 minor league prospects is good.  I'm shocked that the Rangers actually got anything for him.  And, I'm sure that they are paying a big chunk of his salary.

It is actually saving the Yankees money to have Odor on the roster over a player making the minimum because the Rangers are paying more than his CBT value. Any other player would at least cost the $560K-ish minimum.

20 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

It is actually saving the Yankees money to have Odor on the roster over a player making the minimum because the Rangers are paying more than his CBT value. Any other player would at least cost the $560K-ish minimum.

While it saves them some luxury tax space, it doesn't save them actual cash.  And it still puts a bad player on their 26 man roster.  I didn't want Odor because I don't think he's very good.  Glad to have him on NY's bench.