Of the players on the OD roster, who are you most excited about?

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If you squint with one eye and close the other, then yes.

But truthfully, no, I don’t think Cumberland is. But if Sisco can get a shot, then so can Cumberland, who was also a highly touted prospect. I’d rather see him than Sisco. 

When was Cumberland a highly touted prospect?

He is worse than Sisco...and Sisco has upside with his bat.  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

When was Cumberland a highly touted prospect?

He is worse than Sisco...and Sisco has upside with his bat.  

I don't know that he does.  He has way too much miss in his swing and I think the toned down balls are going to hurt his power numbers more than the average.

Surprised that nobody has yet mentioned being excited about last year's Most Valuable Oriole, Anthony Santander.

I'm very excited to see what he can do if (which is a fairly significant if) he can stay healthy all season.

• Like 1

Santander.   We didn't get to see the league adjust and if he can adjust back, but I feel like this is what it looks like when your Rule 5 guy starts to make it big.

Here is his 2016 Carolina League cohort before the Orioles time-warped him to the Show:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/leader.cgi?type=bat&id=626a284e

The 21-year olds better than him by OPS were Benintendi, Moncada, Ian Happ, Z. Collins and Drew Ward.   Age 20 Francisco Mejia did too when he was near the Adley tier of elite MLB prospects.

Tall order to hold your own at the top of the divisional RF peer group with Judge and Meadows, but I think he's right there with Teoscar and ahead of Renfroe of course.

I am most interested in seeing if any of Harvey, Galvis and Franco will have a strong enough first half to gain any real prospects at the deadline, or are we still in 17 yr old lottery land.  Sorry I didn't include LeBlanc as i don't see anything there.