POSTPONED?!?!?!??!

Moose Milligan

1 hour ago, Philip said:

The baseball season should NEVER start in the north. Everyone should be on the road in the south. No Chicago, Boston Pittsburgh Minnesota, not even Cleveland, Cincinnati or KC. California texas, Atlanta Florida Seattle, yes, but never the frozen northeast. And yet what do they do? Every %#* year...

Then all the north teams and fans complain they never open at home. Baseball can’t win. 

There is a little different juice if the home comes home 1-5 off a road trip. 

11 minutes ago, Philip said:

It’s not 25 degrees.

Seattle might have rain but they aren’t usually frigid.

I apologize for assuming that most people would understand that in April in the north it is usually still very cold and in April in the south it is usually not nearly as cold.

But the game isn’t being postponed due to cold.    

I just think this is the worst argument.  My sister lives in Alabama (almost in Florida) and it’s going to be in the upper 40s down there for a few days.  It still gets cold, just not as often.

Should the teams in the north also not host mid to late Sept and Oct games?  

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I just think this is the worst argument.  My sister lives in Alabama (almost in Florida) and it’s going to be in the upper 40s down there for a few days.  It still gets cold, just not as often.

A week later in theory makes odds better for weather but it could be raining and 43 degree as well on April 8. 

They will never have it where teams always open on road. Of same course most years Orioles were always home. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

For most people it is a no-brainer that April in the south is warmer than April in the north. There are exceptions to every rule, including this one, but if you’re going to have a picnic outside on April 1 you are more likely to be comfortable in the south that in the north.

Even if there were no precipitation today in Boston, it would still be freezing cold and a bad location for baseball. 

It is also a no-brainer that it is always miserably cold in the north east baseball towns on April 1.

Therefore, It is also a no-brainer, for most people, that the northern teams should open on the road in the south.

2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Agree that opening series should probably always be played where its more hospital. From looking at the opening day schedules it looks like no attempt was made (this year) to do that. Not sure why that is. 

Because the big-money teams are in the north, and they have more clout.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

For most people it is a no-brainer that April in the south is warmer than April in the north. There are exceptions to every rule, including this one, but if you’re going to have a picnic outside on April 1 you are more likely to be comfortable in the south that in the north.

Even if there were no precipitation today in Boston, it would still be freezing cold and a bad location for baseball. 

It is also a no-brainer that it is always miserably cold in the north east baseball towns on April 1.

Therefore, It is also a no-brainer, for most people, that the northern teams should open on the road in the south.

It’s a stupid concept.  If it’s too cold for you, don’t go.  Every team deserves to host OD (on the day that is actually OD, not just a home opener).

Guess you are in favor of northern teams not having home playoff games too then?

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Agree that opening series should probably always be played where its more hospital. From looking at the opening day schedules it looks like no attempt was made (this year) to do that. Not sure why that is. 

If a rebuilding team is 1-5 is there as much excitement for Opening Day?

If same teams are never opening at home those teams and fans would complain. There is something special to baseball fans about the 1st pitch of the season being in your own park. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

At least we were postponed due to weather.   Mets @ Nats tonight is postponed until tomorrow due to Nats Covid issues.

7-inning doubleheader later in the weekend - Scherzer and deGrom both throw perfect games, runner on 2nd in extra 8th inning, 2 sac flies and double perfect game??

Fingers crossed MLB can cap this at 24-48 hours and we don't get a Marlins/Cardinals scenario straightaway.

I put on MLB Network a few minutes ago (Cole v. new Blue Jays still a good show) and at 1140 Nick Jonas was talking about his new album.   Ugh!

31 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s a stupid concept.  If it’s too cold for you, don’t go.  Every team deserves to host OD (on the day that is actually OD, not just a home opener).

Guess you are in favor of northern teams not having home playoff games too then?

How can every team host opening day? 15 teams Open on the road. 15 teams get to open at home.

It is ridiculous for the Yankees, for instance, to open at home in 35° weather and snow against the Rangers, who have left behind warm and sunny Arlington. That’s just a no-brainer.

11 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

7-inning doubleheader later in the weekend - Scherzer and deGrom both throw perfect games, runner on 2nd in extra 8th inning, 2 sac flies and double perfect game??

Fingers crossed MLB can cap this at 24-48 hours and we don't get a Marlins/Cardinals scenario straightaway.

I put on MLB Network a few minutes ago (Cole v. new Blue Jays still a good show) and at 1140 Nick Jonas was talking about his new album.   Ugh!

I know MLB is trying to attract younger fans, but does anyone watching MLB Network want to hear Nick Jonas talk about his new album. How about better marketing MLB like we saw in the 90's.