POSTPONED?!?!?!??!

Moose Milligan

5 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Why are we acting like someone's pulling something here?

I'm guessing the Red Sox want to be extra cautious with inclement weather given the reduced capacity (12%) at Fenway right now and the less-than-modern architecture (wouldn't be good PR to have everyone crowded together in the concourse)

Those are tiny concourses.   Even smaller than the ones at Memorial used to be.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

It is definitely a bummer but that is why they have the built in Friday off day. Looking forward to Orioles baseball being played every day until the home opener. 

Yep.   And I wasn't going to be able to watch the game today, I'm still at work.

Tomorrow I think I might get in early and then take a couple hours off and get an early start on my weekend and watch the game.   So I like the rainout.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yep.   And I wasn't going to be able to watch the game today, I'm still at work.

Tomorrow I think I might get in early and then take a couple hours off and get an early start on my weekend and watch the game.   So I like the rainout.

Same, I'm off tomorrow and was sort of bummed I wouldn't have an Os game for the day off.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Those are tiny concourses.   Even smaller than the ones at Memorial used to be.

One of the oddest feelings in my life was going back to Memorial Stadium in 1996 for Ravens games. After 5 seasons of Camden Yards opened going back was crazy. It was like how did we deal with this all those years. 

6 hours ago, eddie83 said:

The Orioles beat the Royals on Opening Day in 1997. Just looked up box score. I remembered they won and who it’s was against.  

The losing pitcher that day for KC became a future Orioles player years later. 

Who was it? I never would have got it. 

Jamie Walker was the answer  I could have guess for a month and not got it. 

For what it's worth, I watched the Penguins vs. Bruins hockey game on the Pittsburgh sports channel this evening.

Penguins announcer Steve Mears said the weather in Boston was just awful.  He said the Pirates, who played in 36-degree weather in Chicago earlier in the day, were probably glad they didn't have to play in conditions the way they were in Boston.

7 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Why are we acting like someone's pulling something here ???

I'm guessing that the Red Sox want to be extra cautious with inclement weather, given the reduced capacity (12%) at Fenway Park right now, and the less-than-modern architecture (it wouldn't be good PR to have everyone crowded together in the concourse.)

o

Amazon.com: Shenanigans because Life's more fun when you're up to something!:  Handmade

21 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

What f'ing weather?

30% chance of rain up until 11 am and then it's like 45 degrees and cloudy the rest of the day.  As opposed to the 43 degrees and partly cloudy that's forecasted for game time tomorrow. 

Sounds like our typical MLB Opening day weather. :)