The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

1 minute ago, banks703 said:

Zero reason. I’ve been bitching about this for a long time. There’s absolutely no reason whatsoever to throw anything that he can get the bat on. I just cannot understand why they continue to let certain guys bitch them alllll the time. Judge, Arozarena and on and on. 

This is a game that can having lingering effects. Not good to blow it like this. 

I’ll add that I don’t mind Felix getting beat. Judge is a prolific guy. Sometimes the hitter is just better. But when a guy so absolutely OWNS them as does Judge, you just can’t throw him anything, especially with two strikes, that he can touch. Just awful. 

5 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Not a good move to intentionally put the tying run on base and winning run at the plate. 

Now, once you're up 0-2 your next pitch or two should be attempts to get him to chase. But that's on Bautista for throwing a horrible hanger. 

I was listening on XM. 

Just now, Pickles said:

That was 100% execution.

You have him 2-0.  You absolutely do not throw a breaking ball for a strike in that situation.  Palmer was laying it out as it happened.

He hung a split. Palmer was saying as he came set to try to keep it down in the zone. Judge knew it was coming. You hang it and he’ll sure bang it. Yes it was execution and probably not on Hyde but man at some point he has to be the guy to tell his players “Judge eats our lunch literally every game. No more. Make someone else beat us.” 

Someone else posted somewhere about how they only have Judge and Rizzo. That’s basically who beat them tonight. Stop f’ing pitching to Aaron Judge. Good grief. 

You  can't just walk Judge there, you've got another HR hitter on deck in Rizzo.

I didn't hate the pitch call though with Felix throwing gas tonight I would have liked to see them just stick with that.

Ultimately that's just on Felix for throwing a horrible, horrible pitch.

Just now, glenn__davis said:

You  can't just walk Judge there, you've got another HR hitter on deck in Rizzo.

I didn't hate the pitch call though with Felix throwing gas tonight I would have liked to see them just stick with that.

Ultimately that's just on Felix for throwing a horrible, horrible pitch.

It doesn't have to be an intentional walk... just keep it low and if he walks, so be it.

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

It doesn't have to be an intentional walk... just keep it low and if he walks, so be it.

I'm sure that pitch was supposed to be low.  If it was the good splitter it drops out of the zone and Judge walks back to the dugout.  Sometimes your players just don't execute.

I was already dreading the 9th before the 8th wrapped up. Hell, you could see it coming when Mullins missed extending the lead by a few feet with the bases loaded. I have zero faith in a Bautista/Judge match up in a one run game.  I'm not a superstitious person, but any long-time Orioles fan has read this script a million times vs. NY. It is just what happens.

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I'm sure that pitch was supposed to be low.  If it was the good splitter it drops out of the zone and Judge walks back to the dugout.  Sometimes your players just don't execute.

Yeah this.

It was supposed to not be where it was.

But it’s also pretty predictable… if that was 99mph he would have been late on it again. 

Stuff happens. But boy was that a horrible pitch. I’ll remember that one for a long time.