O's @ Yankees April 6th

scOtt

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tony-OH said:

As soon as i post this his next offspeed pitches were called strikes.

Yeah I didn't know if you were saying the ump was bad or that Wells has bad control on his breaking stuff. He showed some good stuff in Boston too, although he didn't get all the calls he cd have.

Just got a swinging strikeout on a breaking pitch.

His curve breaks a lot. He finished the Boston game with two sliders.

Just now, LA2 said:

Nice grab by Franco. He's a lot better than Nunez was in the hot corner, that's for sure. (Or Wilson Betemit or Mark Reynolds.)

Better than Nunez? Low bar.

All those other guys, he's better than Ruiz.

HAS been at least...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• BP profiled him today: Brandon Young, RHP, Baltimore Orioles Listed Height: 6-foot-6 Listed Weight: 210 pounds DOB (Age): August 19, 1998 (25) Pitch Velo Spin IVB HB Total % Whiff% 4-Seam Fastball 93.5 2124 18.0 -4.8 131 48.7 31.8 Changeup 85.5 1730 9.8 -13.3 64 23.8 22.9 Curveball 75.7 2723 -14.4 11.5 34 12.6 40.0 Slider 85.4 2048 5.4 5.5 26 9.7 12.5 Sweeper 79.5 2084 1.7 11.5 14 5.2 11.1 Injuries limited Young to just 53 1/3 innings between 2022 and 2023. Upon return to action last year, he flashed increased velocity. That velocity bump has carried over to 2024. Now, Young’s fastball has borderline-average velocity (previously below-average) but above-average carry and extension (6.6 feet). It is further aided by strong command. After his fastball, which is by no means a world beater, Young has a smattering of average secondaries. He primarily relies on a changeup–really his only secondary with above-average potential–that has solid velocity (8 mph), vertical movement (8+ inches), and horizontal movement (8+ inches) separation from his fastball. Both his breaking balls either lack enough power (curveball) or depth (slider/cutter) to be viable putaway pitches at the MLB level. His seldomly-used sweeper has potential, but it has had little success so far. Young adds to the depth of the deepest system in baseball, yet he very well may just be that–depth–likely without an above-average offering. Of course, he could become a viable fantasy arm even with mediocre stuff due to his command and control. 
    • You would theoretically make more money over time by best serving your employers.
    • They announced his rehab was over and that he would be back in AAA.
    • If I sell someone a house, I don’t advise them to buy the most expensive house because that means more money for me. I get to know the client, understand what’s important for them and advise them based off of that. That’s how you should always handle a job like that imo. Your wallet should not be part of the equation.
    • This goes back to a discussion I had before.     Since Stowers likely doesn’t have great trade value, do you keep him and trade Kjerstad instead?  Even if you think HK is better, can he get you a way better player and Stowers give you 80-90% of what HK can give you? It’s possible you have room for both too.  Just saying if you decide to trade an OFer, maybe this is the smart way to go?
    • What I thought was best for my client. Which would depend on what my client has told me he wants. If he wants to maximize earnings I tell him to test free agency.
  • Popular Contributors