Loewen speaks to Roch

Frobby

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! I didn't realize there were so many millionaires on OH. Loew earned his salary just by being the #4 pick in the draft. He didn't have to produce on the field. He was entitled to a $4.02 million dollar contract which included a $3.2 million dollar signing bonus spread out over 4 years plus an $800,000 salary. In 2008 he signed a 1 year contract for $816,000. He earned about $4.8 million with the Orioles. Not bad. Not bad.

He had an 8-8 record with a 5.38 ERA and 29 starts. Not bad. $4.8 million. I don't know about you but that's a lot of money to me. I guess you could say he got $600,000 per victory. Not bad. We made him a millionaire and he had no obligation to remain with the team...or did he? I'm sure Brian Roberts was shocked when he heard the news. I'm still waiting to hear some quotes from DT about this decision.

Wow! I didn't realize there were so many millionaires on OH. Loew earned his salary just by being the #4 pick in the draft. He didn't have to produce on the field. He was entitled to a $4.02 million dollar contract which included a $3.2 million dollar signing bonus spread out over 4 years plus an $800,000 salary. In 2008 he signed a 1 year contract for $816,000. He earned about $4.8 million with the Orioles. Not bad. Not bad.

He had an 8-8 record with a 5.38 ERA and 29 starts. Not bad. $4.8 million. I don't know about you but that's a lot of money to me. I guess you could say he got $600,000 per victory. Not bad. We made him a millionaire and he had no obligation to remain with the team...or did he? I'm sure Brian Roberts was shocked when he heard the news. I'm still waiting to hear some quotes from DT about this decision.

How much money did Chris Smith get? Mike Paridis? Beau Hale? Richard Stahl?

They may not have been given major-league contracts, but I bet they all got pretty good bonus money for ZERO production.

How much money did Chris Smith get? Mike Paridis? Beau Hale? Richard Stahl?

They may not have been given major-league contracts, but I bet they all got pretty good bonus money for ZERO production.

People saying he didn't earn his pay are saying so because you and some others are claiming that Loewen "gave his left arm" to the Orioles...when that is just complete hyperbole. He got injured, a lot...it happens...whatever. But it's not like he was out there throwing 200+ innings and 130+ pitches every start.

People saying he didn't earn his pay are saying so because you and some others are claiming that Loewen "gave his left arm" to the Orioles...when that is just complete hyperbole. He got injured, a lot...it happens...whatever. But it's not like he was out there throwing 200+ innings and 130+ pitches every start.

I'm saying he gave his left arm for the Orioles because people are insinuating that he just took the money and did nothing, when he just kept getting hurt. As someone much smarter than me said...it happens ;)

Do you really think that the idea he "gave his left arm" is more ridiculous than the idea that the injuries were somehow HIS fault?

I'm saying he gave his left arm for the Orioles because people are insinuating that he just took the money and did nothing, when he just kept getting hurt. As someone much smarter than me said...it happens ;)

Do you really think that the idea he "gave his left arm" is more ridiculous than the idea that the injuries were somehow HIS fault?

Well to be fair, that is what he did. I'm not saying it was his fault and I don't really care about how much he got paid.

I don't know that anyone said that the injuries were his fault. But saying he "gave his left arm" has a certain connotation, which insinuates that he was successful while he was here and the Orioles used him and used him until his arm gave out. Kind of like a Mark Prior/Kerry Wood situation with Dusty Baker in Chicago.

Archived