April 24: Athletics vs Orioles vs Mother Nature

SteveA

19 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

If the bullpen holds the fort in this game after being handed that Wade LeBlanc start, and the offense somehow manages to score a few more runs to win this game, I'm giving the Oriole bullpen at-large a pass for the rest of the entire season ...... I'm only slightly exaggerating.

o

o

Next time, just shut up and watch the game.

o

Just now, Beysbol said:

So, this game is gonna get rained out, right ???

o

That would be very unfortunate, because Wade LeBlanc would not get credit for his career 647th and 648th strikeouts if that were to happen.

o

Just now, spiritof66 said:

It doesn't matter where the ball was if Chapman touched it while he was in fair territory. Palmer said he did. I think that's right, but very hard to tell.

There is no room for the umpire to speculate where it might have landed it it had not been touched by the fielder. 

5 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Rain looks steadier now.

It is.  Still light, but enough to make me put in my rain jacket.  Nowhere near hard enough to consider bringing out the tarp, but I'm sure it will get to that point eventually.

Are we still under the 2020 Covid rules where ALL games stopped by games are suspended, or are we back to the old rules where if it doesn't go 5 it's a complete do-over?

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Wrong. You can't base the ruling on where it might have landed had it not hit the glove., Since it hit the glove while the player was in fair territory, the ball is a fair ball.

So when a 1B grabs a ground ball over the bag ruled foul and his body is in fair territory is it fair? 

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/rules/foul-ball

15 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Rain looks steadier now.

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It is. Still light, but enough to make me put on my rain-jacket. Nowhere near hard enough to consider bringing out the tarp, but I'm sure it will get to that point eventually.

Are we still under the 2020 Covid rules where ALL games stopped by games are suspended, or are we back to the old rules where if it doesn't go 5 it's a complete do-over ???

o

I'm sorry, but if Steve needs to put on his rain-jacket, MLB needs to call this game off immediately.

o