2021 Delmarva Shorebirds Roster activity

Tony-OH

Brnovich allowed 1 hit through 5ip with 6 k’s. Threw 46 of his 58 pitches for strikes. As a 23 year old and not pitching the year he was drafted (2019) he was really hurt by the lost season. Hope he strings a few more nice starts together and gets the AA call.

14 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

I noticed Hernaiz batting 9th tonight - that was a bit of a bummer.

At this point in the year, the lineup placements tell me more what the org thinks than whatever the first handful of PA outcomes are.

He's one of the youngest on the team so it's not really a slight for him. I'm just glad to see him make the team and get into that SS/2B/DH rotation.

18 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

I noticed Hernaiz batting 9th tonight - that was a bit of a bummer.

At this point in the year, the lineup placements tell me more what the org thinks than whatever the first handful of PA outcomes are.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He's one of the youngest on the team so it's not really a slight for him. I'm just glad to see him make the team and get into that SS/2B/DH rotation.

They must of heard you.

Excuse me, I need to go campaign for a few changes myself...

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

They must of heard you.

Excuse me, I need to go campaign for a few changes myself...

Hey, what about Encarncion in CF? The weather though looks sketchy tonight down there so I would expect some rain delays or a suspension at some point.

25 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hey, what about Encarncion in CF? The weather though looks sketchy tonight down there so I would expect some rain delays or a suspension at some point.

I’m not expecting him to reach “Stevie” status out there, but it’s interesting. I didn’t know he had the speed...Or glove...Or anything really, for it.

Cristopher Cespedes makes his Orioles organization debut. He's 6-3, 200 pounds and soon to be 23 years old. Was in the Indians systems, never making it past their AZL team despite slashing .326/.386/.543/.930 in 207 PAs as a 21-year old in 2019.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Cristopher Cespedes makes his Orioles organization debut. He's 6-3, 200 pounds and soon to be 23 years old. Was in the Indians systems, never making it past their AZL team despite slashing .326/.386/.543/.930 in 207 PAs as a 21-year old in 2019.

And he homers in his debut! It's good to see these guys putting up numbers but it should also be noted that Fredericksburg is 0-9 with a -70 run differential to start the year. Washington has a dreadful farm system. 

1 hour ago, LTO's said:

And he homers in his debut! It's good to see these guys putting up numbers but it should also be noted that Fredericksburg is 0-9 with a -70 run differential to start the year. Washington has a dreadful farm system. 

He had a nice little game to start off his Orioles "career". 

I have to say this also about the Fredericksburg organization, they have the most annoying in-between inning "hype/motivator/MC." Her voice is like nails down a chalkboard when she tries to fake motivation and end up screeching into her microphone. It was so bad I had to let me wife hear it and she was like, Oh my God that's awful!"  

I enjoy watching the in between inning stuff sometimes during minor league games, but I immediate switch to another game of put it on mute. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He had a nice little game to start off his Orioles "career". 

I have to say this also about the Fredericksburg organization, they have the most annoying in-between inning "hype/motivator/MC." Her voice is like nails down a chalkboard when she tries to fake motivation and end up screeching into her microphone. It was so bad I had to let me wife hear it and she was like, Oh my God that's awful!"  

I enjoy watching the in between inning stuff sometimes during minor league games, but I immediate switch to another game of put it on mute. 

I mean, it IS a Nationals organization... 

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to put out a quick note about Xavier Moore. Righty reliever for Delmarva is listed at 6'2" 175lbs......but he must have gone through a serious growth spurt. He has command issues, but the game I watched he was throwing his FB around 95 mph, dipping to 92 and topping out at 97. Threw a low 80's slider and mixed in an occasional curve just to give the hitter something other to think about. Nothing to get terribly excited about at this point, but I wonder if he picked up some of that velocity in the lost year as he filled out. 

Adding an old tweet with video:

On 4/30/2021 at 3:53 PM, Frobby said:

I’m surprised and disappointed that Zebron didn’t make the Shorebirds.   

Zebron debuted for Delmarva tonight, though he may wish he didn’t, as he allowed three runs in one third of an inning.   Better luck next outing.