Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

14 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

He was drafted 1-1 for a reason. Looks like were slowly beginning to see what his game is like. 

His walk rate in college the year we drafted him was outrageous.  76 BB in 266 PA.    Some of that was undoubtedly teams pitching round him, but he also showed that he wouldn’t expand the zone in that situation.    Looks like that’s still true.   

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Double and a walk tonight.  OPS is climbing towards 900  but the BA still sucks.  

He is definitely starting to settle in though.

I think it’s likely that the high walk rate in recent games shows he’s homing in.   At this point he’d be at .300 if he had 3 more hits     K rate still at 25% but only 1 K in the last 4 games    Things are heading in the right direction    

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Double and a walk tonight.  OPS is climbing towards 900  but the BA still sucks.  

He is definitely starting to settle in though.

I kind of wanted to say, and just like Yasmani Grandal his team is in 1st place with catchers doing so much else not in batting line, etc., etc.

But even if they salvage one - these are Dombrowski's Fighting Phils this week.    Next week Adley's team v. Heliot's team down in Richmond maybe a good battle for early league leadership.    I won't even grumble today if DL Hall gets held back for two in that series.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:49 AM, jabba72 said:

His eye at the plate is near perfect from what I've seen. If its not a strike, he isnt swinging. 

He definitely has a 70 level eye. He really does rarely chase and has gotten behind on some close calls that went the pitcher's way. 

• Upvote 2

He made the only out in the bottom of the 10th against some probably not very good end of the bullpen guy for Reading, but every other Baysox reached for a 13-12 comeback win.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/fightin-phils-vs-baysox/2021/05/16/646350#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=646350

On a day the Baysox got 13 runs, 10 hits and 12 walks, Cadyn Grenier went 0-for-5 with 4K.    Can we please get Bowie SS Westburg and Aberdeen SS Henderson Tuesday?

1 hour ago, OrioleDog said:

He made the only out in the bottom of the 10th against some probably not very good end of the bullpen guy for Reading, but every other Baysox reached for a 13-12 comeback win.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/fightin-phils-vs-baysox/2021/05/16/646350#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=646350

On a day the Baysox got 13 runs, 10 hits and 12 walks, Cadyn Grenier went 0-for-5 with 4K.    Can we please get Bowie SS Westburg and Aberdeen SS Henderson Tuesday?

I'm looking forward to the day that I can, with clear conscious, cite Grenier when posters call someone like DJ Stewart or Chance Sisco a bust.

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm looking forward to the day that I can, with clear conscious, cite Grenier when posters call someone like DJ Stewart or Chance Sisco a bust.

He did make a nice barehanded pickup off a nubber, but threw a bit wild to first. Good first baseman makes that play. Had no chance at the plate though.

59 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I haaaaated the Grenier pick.  Woof.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Did that go over the scoreboard?

I think it hit the video board that had Adley's picture on it.

Shades of Eddie in the 1983 World Series hitting the scoreboard with his name on it with his monster HR in Game 5.